Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, Monday

Monday is the key day of the week.
Gaelic Proverb

All the same to me. One day is generally the same as the next on the farm, so Monday doesn't mean a lot to me. Tuesday, now that is the day the farrier usually comes, so there is a difference on Tuesday. And this Tuesday I will have lunch with a friend I have not seen in a few years, as well as have the farrier out. So Tuesday is the day for me.

It's cold in MN again. We had a couple of nice days, but now we are punched in the face with cold weather once again. That's the way it goes, but I don't have to like it. But, as one day follows another, so do the months. Spring will come.

Since it's Monday I thought I would take myself down another musical memory road. Mama's and Papa's. And another singer my young heart had a crush on: Denny Doherty. Ah, well. 
Monday, Monday.


10 comments:

Jean L. said...

I made a lot of pottery in school listening to this album. It brings back some old memories for me as well. I appreciated "The Mamas and The Paps", but did not adore them. I think this was the only album in the art room and it was played over and over and over again. It grew on me.

Jean L. said...

Whoops. That would be PAPAS--Not PAPS. LOL.

Sandra said...

Nobody could belt out a tune like Cass Elliot. And my young heart was all a flutter over Denny. : ) I think he died recently.

Ganeida said...

Ooooh Mama Cass! Big woman, big voice! Folk was my thing so I was a big fan of this group~along with Dylan, Simon & Garfunkle, Buffolo Springfield...Yadda, yadda

Sandra said...

I was a little hippy-girl that was into the folk style. It's funny to remember back, the patched hip-huggers, tie-dyed halter tops. love beads, head bands. Sit-ins, war protesting. When rapping meant staying up all night talking! Everything was 'deep' and 'heavy' or 'far-out'. I wish I had photos. : ) I do have a photo of a boyfriend, but I can't remember his name!

Now I'm on a farm and married to an accountant! At least I didn't turn into a Republican like so many of my peers. : )

Jean L. said...

My favorites were Jim Croce, James Taylor, Neil Diamond, Simon and Garfunkle, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.........

Ganeida said...

Stills & Young were 2/5 of Buffalo Springfield but BS was a better band I think than CSN&Y. Jefferson Airplane was another one of mine. Grace Slick had one of the biggest voices ever. Luvverly. Feeeed your heeeead! Ok. I still like her raw energy.

I was actually a little young for the 60's ~ probably a good thing ~ but I loved the music & so much of it has lasted well because it was well crafted. Interesting times indeed.

Sandra said...

Do you remember The Stone Ponies. Linda Ronstad got her start with them. Many of the younger ones will ask "Who is Linda Ronstad?" : )

Jean L. said...

I certainly know Linda Ronstad, but don't really remember The Stone Ponies. Anything with horses or ponies, I would remember. :~)

Sandra said...

look on the sidebar, I put up a video of the Stone Ponys and Linda Ronstadt (I misspelled her name and the name of the band).