Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, August 7, 2009

I Ate Lunch In Tel Aviv

Nice thought, but not this Tel Aviv, rather a small restaurant in Minneapolis! A person can dream though.

I often forget how close I live to a diversity of cultures and the food that comes with it. I parked my ever-broadening behind in the cultural black hole known as The West Metro and have become as stuck as if I had sat in hardening cement. The bigger problem with this black hole is it's gentrifying. Suburbanites in SUV's and BMW's have overtaken farmers and small town dwellers. Enough to give any self-respecting urban-snob-turned-country-snob a case of the shakes. But then again, I guess it's the price you pay for living within a half hour's drive to the city. Looking at it this way, I think I should utilize my proximity a bit more!

7 comments:

Jan Mader said...

It sounds like you have the best of both worlds. Close enough to experience city life, but far enough away to live and breathe!

Sandra said...

Put that way, I think you are right!

Homer and Queen said...

I gotta have my 7-11 on the corner...just sayin'...

Sandra said...

Ha! I have a Holiday and Kwik Trip. : ) Not on the corner, but close. Kwip Trip has the BEST ice, I'm just sayin'......

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I was thinking that was one fast rip you took broken wrist and all! I have found that I sometimes feel quite out of place visiting the big city restaurants while I still enjoy the good food...just some of the stuffy atmosphere I can do without.

Sandra said...

Alicia, the restaurant is middle eastern, so definitely not a stuffy atmosphere!

Memories Of Mine said...

You live in a great location with the best of both worlds at your door step.