Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, August 7, 2009

Lighter Fare

For today. Zucchini, I have lots of zucchini, which I have sauteed, frozen and baked. This large fella was hidden amongst the grass and leaves. I got two loaves and two quart freezer bags from this!

I tried a recipe from the web. It's good, but I like my old standby better. If you never try anything different, how are you to know what you already have is superior?

We are having a beautiful rain this morning. We can use it. I love the sound and smell of a soft rain. It has been missing for a couple of years, so it's really appreciated at a whole different level of joy.

I believe I will have a slice of this bread with my coffee and listen to the rain.

9 comments:

Lorac said...

mmmmmm.... looks yummy! I love zucchini and it does bake so well in cakes and loaves.

Britwife said...

Zucchini on the grill is wonderful. Cut it in half, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper...YUM!

Our favorite way is the unhealthy version though - dipped in an egg wash (with dill and garlic salt added) and breaded with cracker crumbs. Fry that up on the griddle...oh my God. THere is nothing better!

Enjoy the bread. What a great idea - I think I will head up to the kitchen and use up some of my bounty!

Homer and Queen said...

I have a great recipe for stuffed zucchini...yum yum!

Britwife said...

Queen - I WANT that recipe! :)

Sandra said...

I agree, grilled, sauteed, baked. All good. I have not had breaded zucchini, I will need to try that.

I want Queens recipe to!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

That looks scrumptious - and I bet that is your homemade butter on it. What could be better!

Sandra said...

I confess, it's my homemade butter. It is yummy, but it adds to my ever expanding tummy!

Girl Tornado said...

A soft rain, with some coffee and a piece of freshly baked bread sounds divine. I made a loaf of banana bread a few days ago, and took it to work since hubby really doesn't care for it. It was yummy!

Sandra said...

I like banana bread, too bad I'm a few states away!