Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Margaret's a Cheap Date, or Love The One You're With

I did some one-handed weeding in the rose garden today. We have catnip growing wild around the farm and there were some plants invading my garden that I pulled. I came in to check email, only to have Margaret crawling all over my hand. It took a minute for me to realize she smelled the catnip on my hand. I pulled my hand away, so she honed in on the mouse. Must be some powerful stuff for her to still get a high off the mouse.

I then did what any self-respecting supplier would do; I got her a dime bag of nip. Kitty is a happy girl right now.




During the night she had a close encounter with another mouse. That didn't turn out so well for the mouse. 

12 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Margaret can have the catnip, I'd love some of those buttermilk bisquits (i suddenly can't recall how to spell bisquits?? my excuse is i speak French most of the time here in Quebec) with a dollop of homemade butter. Mmmmmmm. Brings back memories of my mother.

Judy said...

You are such a good Mama, bad habits an all! Your Margaret looks like my Jack.

Lorac said...

OMG Too True! I give my cats catnip once or twice a week. Sooo funny to watch them after. They enjoy it so much! Afterward, a good sleep!Cute looking Margaret.

Ganeida said...

I know you are a dog person but I;'m a kitty lady & you have a most adorable cat ~ catnip, mice & all. Good puss for being such an excellent hunter!

Homer and Queen said...

Nothing better than a dead mouse! Oh sorry...did I say that our loud?

Sandra said...

Bonnie, if you are fluent in at least two languages you can forget how to spell biscuit!

Margaret's other name is Margaret the Hun. She is an evil killer of mice. This time the mouse was whole, leading Grace to carry it around. Usually they are decapitated & eviscerated. Sometimes I only find a tail, which is better then some of her victories.

But she is a good kitty.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

OMG...I am rolling on the floor with the dime bag of nip! How old did you say you were and how bad WERE you when you were younger? Glad you could give Margaret her fix!

Jan Mader said...

I think Margaret and Maddie are on the same page. My guess is that Margaret is a little better at the game than Maddie!

kimba said...

We had a catnip plant but my Krazy Kat (am I showing my age) couldn't care less.

Sandra said...

Alicia, I'm old enough and I was BAD!

Kimba, Hi! Of course your cat won't touch it. Your cat is Siamese and they are superior beings. : )

Britwife said...

Oh! You enabler!

Sandra said...

I'm more of a supplier. : 0