Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Very Fine Whine



So not so good today. The husband brought home a cold and it decided to give me the one/two punch. I schlepped myself down to the barn this morning, but Mark sent me packing after thirty minutes. I think my pathetic posture was too much for him to bear.


I get to sit in my chair with my feet on the footstool while I stare blankly at Lifetime movies and drink my tea. It would be a lovely way to spend a day if I felt well and could actually enjoy it.


My planned dinner of smoked sausage, tomatoes, peppers and onions I fear will be replaced with matzo ball soup. Too bad I have to make it, but the husband seriously cannot cook and I'm no where near the mood for pizza.


It's true misery loves company, so I was compelled to spread my good cheer onto anyone who reads this. I hope you are enjoying good health and if you are, tip your hat in my direction and smile just a little.

11 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

Hope you feel better soon! Sorry you are under the weather : (

Patricia Reszetylo said...

Hugs - this too will pass!!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Ohhhhh - poor you. You must feel like you have had enough time on the couch this summer! It will pass, unlike some other illnesses we hear about in the blogosphere . . . in the meantime, try and enjoy your enforced "time off".

Ganeida said...

Sorry you have the lurgy. You are spending an inordinate amount of time in your chair this year. It really is a pity you can't enjoy it. Hope you feel better soon.

Britwife said...

I am laying on my own couch - I've been sick since last Saturday. Dang cold is just getting "worser and worser" according to my kids.
I made a chicken soup with monkey (gnocchi) the other day. Tasted much better than the pizza that Mr. Britwife brought home yesterday. Not sure what is on the menu today - my brain is addled by all the NyQuil.
Get well soon.

Deb said...

Blessings for a speedy recovery!

Sandra said...

Thank you Ashley.

Patricia, thanks for the well-wishes and the visit.

Bonnie, thanks. Yes, there are worse things.

Lurgy, I like that. I must remember it! I have asthma, so colds are always a little worse for me to handle. I plan to get better & I hope it's soon. : )

Britwife, I'm starting to worry. You have been sick too long. You remember about the monkey. How I laughed at that, poor, clueless man! I hope Mr. Britwife enjoyed the monkey.

Thanks Debra, I can use a blessing.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Wow..I am reading of so many people that are coming down with this nasty cold! I'm wondering if it is contagious online through blogs!?!?!
Seriously, I hope you feel better ;)

Memories Of Mine said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I didn't get sick all winter. Spring is here and now I'm coming down with a cold.

Homer and Queen said...

Love ya but please don't breath on me! I'm scared I'm going to get the swine flu at the hospital!

Sandra said...

Alicia, shhhh. Don't tell anyone. It will cause us to need a blog flu vaccination. : )

Thanks Liss, It will pass, but when I get a cold it is always bad. So I complain. Spring colds I think are the worst. You have my sympathy.

Queen, don't mention that! I don't want Jule's de-frienders finding me.