Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Better


Thank you all for your kind comments yesterday. I am better today. I had some sort of stomach bug that knocked me down for a few days.  I spent a lot of time in bed. I did stay off the screen entirely. 

We are in full October weather now. It's mid-thirties this morning with a high in the fifties. I will need to bring in the houseplants soon. We have been recovering the rain deficit, which is very good for the trees. On the other hand, I am unable to mow. But, I was in no condition to mow anyway.

I'll leave with a way-back of Sunspot with her foal, Ari, a half Lipizzaner, and one of my greyhounds, Nellie. Nellie was a clown!



6 comments:

Boud said...

I'm glad you're doing better. And that's a great picture. Near here are several horse boarding farms, and one time I saw kids from the horse family running with colts in pursuit! Some kind of silly game, everyone looking happy and muddy. Often the horses will slip their heads through the fence to graze on the grass outside, which looks exactly the same to me as the grass inside. A living illustration of the proverb.

Val Ewing said...

Good to hear that you are doing better. It sucks to be sick.
I had a stomach thing on Friday morning, but thankfully I think it was b/c I had take out pizza and the grease didn't agree with me!

Beautiful memory photo.
Mowing? It can wait. :)

Pixie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Love that greyhound:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you feel better!

e said...

I love the photo and I'm glad you feel better.

Sandra said...

Thank you all. I feel much better today.