Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, October 9, 2023

Another, Like the Other.

Gatto. Bird Watcher.


Here we are. Another Monday. It's my fun day. Not manic, I hope. The one day where I have maintained a schedule...laundry. Oh, boy! It's downright chilly  and is now going to remain that way, if my weather app is correct. The low to mid 50s as highs through the third week of October. Mark is busy with work until after the fifteenth, then the fall cleanup and put-away needs doing. I have inside winterizing to do, it comes upon us fast. One day it's 90 and the next it's 50. 

I've been using the lingering produce daily. It's been pasta and zucchini, farro with zucchini and tomatoes, pasta with tomatoes and eggplant. Mark commented last evening on our vegetarian diet. I used to call him the "meat eater". The thought of a meal without meat appalled him! He has changed. He actually prefers eggplant meatballs to the real thing. I've had no interest in cooking and these meals take very little time or effort.



I guess it's time to face the inevitable....a full hamper and a washing machine. Be still, my beating heart.
 

12 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

It's only 10:30 and your photo has me drooling. So hungry! We are in the 40s this morning, but the sun did show up. I dug out all my winter barn jackets and washed them in preparation for the upcoming weather.

Sandra said...

Nothing is better than a quick, easy meal when you are not in the mood, Lori! I need to put the down comforter on the bed today, it's in the 30s overnight. Suddenly I'm in a flannel shirt and socks!

Boud said...

That's your equivalent of my bean and tuna fritters! Good, also easy.

Sandra said...

Boud, I'd like to know how you make those.

Boud said...

Mash a can of tuna with a can of mashed cannellini beans, mix in an egg, cilantro, spices to taste, bread with panko, fry in avocado oil, cast iron skillet. About four minutes a side. Done. I like ketchup on these.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Boud!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I wash a load almost everyday. I have a stack Maytag...it doesn't hold as many clothes as a big washer! :) Yup laundry is real exciting!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I think that is a good way to do it. Makes it seem like less of a chore, sort becomes like loading the dishwasher. Very exciting, indeed!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

e said...

It is 85 today, would love your temperatures, and doing a load or two myself at the moment.

Sandra said...

e, I am so happy to be out of the heat. This is perfect weather as far as I am concerned.