Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, October 22, 2023

I Won. For Now


Wishing and Waiting and Hoping.
I have finally got the palm just out of Gatto's reach.


The son visited yesterday for a couple of hours. He brought lunch. Fried chicken, coleslaw and cornbread. It was really good to see him. It's been six months. His wife is not doing well after her mother's death two months ago. So, life is tricky right now. He is taking his Yorkie camping again next weekend. Those trips are good for him. We enjoyed the company and the food. He got to see Gatto as Gatto is. After a couple of hours he told me we have to outlive that cat. No one (meaning him) would want to live with him. He loves cats! To say Gatto is a handful is to minimize Gatto. I think of him as the large wild cats people think they can tame. They are all cuddly and soft until they kill you, just because. Even those they raised in captivity. There is feral in the orange boy.

It's a nice day, sunny and will be lower 60s. About mid-week the temps drop. The grass is nearly done in the pastures, meaning the horses will be getting round bales by the end of the month. And so it starts. 

Chicken and dumplings for dinner. Now that's something to look forward to.

10 comments:

Boud said...

A son who brings lunch is a real treasure!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ah the kitty has hope! Sounds like great company that brings lunch! What a nice day for you!

Val Ewing said...

Nice! I love company that brings food! Mostly because they know how icky my cooking is! :-)


Sandra said...

Boud, he certainly is!

Sandra said...

Far Side, there is hope! I was a really nice day. We were happy to see him and the food.

Sandra said...

Val, I like company that brings food because then I don't have to make it!

Anonymous said...

How great to see your son and to visit with one another. His comment about Gatto made me laugh.

The photo of Gatto looks like he is worshiping the Palm plant. Maybe, in another life he was a high priest cat who protected the scared Palm. This would explain his infatuation,his need to be near it. I am being silly, but I do like a good story.
Take Care,
Kaye

Pixie said...

So what finally worked with the palm and Gatto?

Glad you got to visit with your son. Life isn't easy for any of us, is it?

Sandra said...

Kaye, it was really good to see him and to know he is doing well.

Please, be silly. I like a sense of humor and a good story. I believe I will attach this story to Gatto. It's better than the things I've been calling him!

Sandra said...

Pixie, I used a bar stool, no place for him to land if he attempts a jump for it. It's also taller than the other stand.I found the perfect spot just far enough from the piano that he can't reach. He tried. Then he lay and mourned his loss.

No, Pixie, life is not easy for any of us.