Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Shipping is Free


Incase you have not seen a Gatto in a box.

 

I made the extremely easy focaccia again yesterday. Should it be this easy? We've had several rainy days and it's raining now, but supposed to end this morning. I can't complain, we need it. Otherwise, life is rolling along. I'm slowly puttering my way through the organizing and cleanup that remains. Emphasis on slowly. I'm once again trying to sprout avocado trees. I have not had luck with this, mostly due to neglect. They make a pretty house plant and I like the idea of  something created out of a throw-away. My friend, julochka, is a champ when it comes to growing them.

Today I will cut back the herb plants and freeze the herbs.  Starting tomorrow we are looking at highs in the 30sF and lows in the 20s. The party is over for the plants. I'm feeling a little better. I was prescribed Welbutrin months ago and have been getting the prescription but not using it. It's an add-on to the Fluoxitine I take. I wasn't using it because I didn't like the side effects listed. I decided a couple of weeks ago the potential side effects didn't matter as much as depression. It has helped. I feel more engaged and I'm taking interest in things I didn't notice nor care if I noticed or not. The side effect I was hesitant about, seizures, I have decided not to worry about. It's a crap game.


12 comments:

Pixie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Depression is such a horrible disease.

Val Ewing said...

Ahhhhh. Wellbutrin. Hubby used that as one of his meds and it did help him with no terrible effects either.
I'm glad you decided to try it.

I'm happy for you!

Boud said...

The problem about the listing of side effects is that even a single instance triggers the lawyers into adding it to the list. It might never happen to you, so I agree that weighing the risks and benefits is worth doing.

I'm glad you're getting some benefit now.

Don't ship gatto, thank you. The box would never make it to the post office!

Sandra said...

Val, I have a years worth of it sitting here! I haven't had any side effects from it. We have both overcome our medication reluctance.

Sandra said...

Boud, I am doing better. This medication increases dopamine. A common condition with a brain injury is depression and I am common enough that it got me. I should be glad that antidepressants are the only medication I'm on.

You got that right, the box would never make it to the post office!

Sandra said...

Pixie, blogger put you in spam. I've been clinically depressed since the TBI I had in February 2010. It's a life sucker for sure. Feelingsome better is better than nothing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad your saved med is helping you a bit. Sometimes the list of side effects is lengthy and very scary.

Lori Skoog said...

Is there any hope for me to learn how to make focaccia? It looks so good and would be perfect with all the soups I have been making. I too, am glad that you are giving your meds a shot and they seem to be working. Can't believe you are going to be in the 30s and 20s! Yikes.

e said...

Depression is terrible. Do as you must and I'm glad the meds are helping.

Sandra said...

Far Side, yes they are scary. I took particular notice of the risk of seizures.

Sandra said...

Lori, you can make this. It's so simple, really it is. Yes, the party is over, we are cold to cold-ish into the near future.

Sandra said...

e, it is. It steals your life. The Wellbutrin seems to be helping, I have a little more motivation.