Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, October 16, 2023

Sunshine

It's 38F and sunny. I think a beautiful day. The equines feel the same way about the weather as I do. This is life as they like it. It's laundry day. In between I think I should do some winterizing. It is coming, after all. We will get the outside Autumn things done this week, hopefully. I'm still waiting to mow.


It was another twenty minute meal last night. Roasted tomatoes and eggplant. The sauce was a bit tart so I put a little cream into it. Fixed. I haven't really had the cooking mojo working for me lately, so these meals have been frequent. I was prescribed Wellbutrin as an add on to Fluoxitine several months ago. I didn't take it, seizures as a potential side effect turned me away. I decided last evening I would start. I'm not in the black hole but I'm simply functioning. Simply functioning is not a place to be. Depression steals your life. I hadn't intended to say anything about this, but my fingers didn't listen. Anyway, I hope to begin feeling more engaged.

On that note....I think I'll start the laundry!

 

10 comments:

Boud said...

I hope you do better, maybe the added rx will help. I imagine it needs a few days to take effect.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Boud. It takes 1-2 weeks. I hope it works, too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope the new med works for you. I need to get out my light again it really makes a difference in my mood:)

Lori Skoog said...

Give it a shot and see what happens. Feeling down for long periods of time can keep you in the toilet. 38 degrees and sunny! Wow, we have not had that temperature during the day yet. Hope you get to mow your lawn. I did laundry today too.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Trying something new, I think, is a brave thing to do.

I took some medication several years ago and it helped get me through a difficult time. I was feeling like a melting candle, disappearing just going through the motions of daily life.
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Far Side, those lights help a lot of people during the winter. I hope the med works, too. Thanks.

Sandra said...

Laurie, that's a good way to put it. We are currently 36! Around here, if it's Monday, it's laundry!

Sandra said...

Kaye, that is a poetic way of describing it. I had a brain injury 12 years ago which resulted in clinical depression. It's a bitch.