Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Some Chores Accomplished

I took a day off from devices yesterday and concentrated on getting ready for winter. All the pots are in the shed, the porch furniture is inside the screened porch, bird baths emptied and the bowl turned upside down. I did weather stripping on the three doors. I have a few windows that leak air so I will take care of those today. All-in-all, it was productive. It's currently 25F, so it is time. In most states November is Autumn. In Minnesota it's winter. There's been snow in Northern Minnesota, it was forecast for us yesterday, but it didn't happen.

Thursday I made stock from my bag of frozen vegetable and aromatic bits. With this I then made lentil and smoked ham soup, which we will have the last of for lunch today. It is most certainly soup weather in my part of the world.


I'll leave you with G & J rockin to The Zombies.


 

10 comments:

Boud said...

I remember when we lived in Wisconsin, there was usually snow before Thanksgiving. Here it's often January before we see any.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I can still see white on the leaves in the woods. Very cool:)

Sandra said...

Boud, we usually have snow in November. It's almost always cold.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I heard there was snow up your way. It's only a matter of time!

Lori Skoog said...

Man! You are on one heck of a roll! Good for you! However, the 25 degree temperature sounds crazy since it is not even November! We are in the 40s for several days with rain off and on. Keep that soup pot going!

Val Ewing said...

We had snow but it just whirled around here, but just west of us they had an inch or so on Saturday afternoon.

It will come here soon enough.

Looks like a very yummy soup!

Sandra said...

Lori, on a roll with a little help from Mark and a skidster! This time of year is unpredictable. Overall, we have had a mild October, November is usually cold and cloudy, generally not much precipitation. I have chicken bones to use, so the soup keeps going!

Sandra said...

Val, we didn't even have that. That's ok, Mark is replacing fence posts, we don't want snow to happen.

e said...

You are on a roll. Good!

Sandra said...

e, thanks! I'm trying.