Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Like Looking in a Mirror

Allow me to introduce Crabby Tabby. He is Gatto's doppelgänger. He and his three siblings were born in my barn Mother's Day 2015. Tabby and his brother, McCool, were part-time house cats until Keetah came here to live. They didn't like her, so they stopped coming in. Mona never wanted in and Jiggs came in for good after an injury. This family of cats is not territorial, which is strange. Tabby gave a few hisses but that was it. Nothing bothers Gatto. After awhile Tabs wanted to go outside, so he did. Tabs is closest to the door.


Just incase it seems it's always soup or pasta (kinda is) I thought I'd show it's not. Chicken wings and a salad was for dinner. I managed to salvage a few tomatoes from the monster plant. It's a dreary, blustery day with rain coming in early evening. The last of the soup from a couple of days ago will be lunch. 



6 comments:

Boud said...

Your soups are pretty much full meals.
Funny cat accounts! I think barn cats are a kind of sub species on account of their early lives. City rescues are different again, different learning as newborns.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cat! They do their own thing! I see your plant was a Yellow Per...we love them:)

Sandra said...

yes, Boud, they are. These were never feral, their mother moved into the barn as a kitten, a handsome tuxedo boy hung around for awhile and she became a mama. I didn't get her spayed fast enough.

Sandra said...

They sure do, Far Side. They get enormous and I'm thinking with all the squash tomatoes on the ground it may come back next year.

Val Ewing said...

Your meals always look good. Mine are like...toss it on the plate and eat up!

I don't have a cat, but I am enjoying my time with the neighbor's Hissy Cat that has turned into Friendly Cat!

Sandra said...

Val, bright vegetables add a lot to a photo! I have never been this engaged with cats. Being doglegs has shifted the dynamics. Hissy Cat just need to trust you.