Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

It's Alive! It's Alive!

I took a photo just before Mark pulled it out. It's a volunteer pear shaped cherry tomato plant that I had planted in a pot last year. It popped it's head up in July and went from there. Remember the 1950s movie with a young Steve McQueen, The Blob? That's how I have seen it, as day-by-day it has taken over. It's now in the trees. It will likely propagate there next year.


I plan to do some mowing today. The cool weather and rain have made my burnt lawn green and shaggy. There is more rain forecast tomorrow evening and all day Friday. We should be pretty close to being out of drought. 


Isn't this soup colorful? Yes, it is! Crisp, cool air just sings out soup weather to me. I've been making stock all summer so happy days are here again. Smoked pork shank seems expensive to me, but once I have the soup I forget all about that. It's so good. I plan to make a cottage pie (I learned and remembered, Boud!) tomorrow. Yep, comfort food is on the menu.

On a different note:  I have come across a medical clinic for women sixty-five and older. The closest of the three for me is about 40-45 minutes away but I believe I will give it a try. To say I have lost faith in the medical factory is an understatement. I would love an answer to my extreme exhaustion. One that isn't my current diagnosis...MFO. Mental. Fat. Old.


12 comments:

e said...

Good luck with the new clinic. That soup is beautiful.

Lori Skoog said...

4:30 and you have made me hungry again! We still have a lot of cherry tomatoes, but the plants could not touch yours with a ten foot pole. Hope you were able to get through your mowing today and that your grass stays nice and green.

Boud said...

Well I hope that clinic does a better job for you than the "doctors" you've had recently.

Cottage pie!! My work here is done.

Sandra said...

Thanks, e. Now I have to force myself to make an appointment.

Sandra said...

Lori, that plant was a monster! I mowed for half and hour and the blade stop turning. I think there is a belt on it, maybe broke or came off? Bill will need to look at it. Mowing seems to be not happening.

Sandra said...

Boud, first I need to get myself to make an appointment. Your work is done. At least for the moment.

Anonymous said...

No, no not a lawn mower break down! My trusty "senior" Toro started on Monday and I was able to get the leaves mulched. It makes me so happy when my mighty, mighty mower starts!
It blows my mind that woman have to fight for medical care. Why, their concerns are dismissed as being "false, over reacting or just being hysterical?" It has been documented through countless studies that women's concerns are dismissed. Yet, it continues and women suffer. I hope you have found a supportive medical clinic.
The colors in your soup are beautiful. Sorry, for this long comment.
Take Care,
Kaye

Far Side of Fifty said...

Make an appointment!!

Val Ewing said...

Hopefully the clinic might be able to help you. Ever done a sleep study?
We can't change the old part but there are things that can be addressed.
Fingers crossed that you make the appt and get some answers.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I am here to interact, so please comment as much as you want! I enjoy what you have to say. My mower is very old. It's likely the belt, Bill will look at it. The sad dest part of what happened to me is the two medical people were women. My son said that they become part of the patriarchy and aren't aware of it. It's also the assembly line mentality of the HMOs.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I know. I will next week.

Sandra said...

Val, no I haven't. I know I can't change it, but I am wary at this point.