Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Summertime


The flower gardens are in full, riotous bloom.
You get a glimpse of the iris through the screen on the porch.


La Dolce Vita


 The sofas need slipcovers because of a certain naughty boy.

I spent all day Friday mowing with Bill's mower. Phew! He has got the necessary parts to fix my mower so we are one step closer. It has been miserably hot, unbearable for me and almost the same for Mark. He had to spend most of yesterday fixing a pasture fence, the boys decided to go through the fence instead of the gate. That was a new move.

The peonies are in full bloom and so are some of the later blooming iris. I need to get myself out to take photos. It's just so humid, which may be why the peonies are so stunning. 

Otherwise, life is humming along. I have been surprisingly busy. That does not mean I'm getting much done, but I'm busy being busy. 


This is how I spend late afternoons. Either listening to or reading digital library loans. I was late coming to the online library, but I am so pleased I did. Better late than never is true. I finished Agatha, recommended by Boud. It was read by the author and I enjoyed it.  I have several books on hold that my blogging friends have recommended and which are obviously popular, so in-between I scroll through what's available. It is my afternoon indulgence. 

So my friends, be like Gatto and find your La Dolce Vita, however you may define it.

10 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Yay! I read this after sending you an email. I'll bet you are much happier now that you have your lawn mown. I need to get a hanging basket for our kitchen porch entrance. Usually we have one by now...not sure what I should get...maybe a hanging begonia.

Having a fence knocked down by the horses creates a lot of work in more ways than one. Mark to the rescue.

julochka said...

Gatto has the right idea!

Pixie said...

Was the grass long enough for hay? That would be a twofer.

The flowers and the cat are beautiful.

Boud said...

I love peonies, everything about them. Used to have them long ago at another house with the room and the aspect for them.

Ami said...

The only thing I don't like about peonies are the ants... without which, we would not have peonies. We covered our sofa with all kinds of blankets and towels to keep Pixel off, but the barnacles sit on the sofa, then all those things need to be fixed but they don't fix them and now there's cat hair all over the damn place.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Sandra said...

Lori, it's especially annoying when it's a bunch of old guys who have lived here all their lives and go into that pasture every year of their lives! We have two suspects!

Sandra said...

julochka, according to him he always has the right idea!

Sandra said...

Pixie, no, sadly we didn't get a twofer. Just that some areas I had to mow over twice!

Sandra said...

Ami, HA!

Sandra said...

Boud, so do I. I wish they not so short lived.