Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, June 12, 2023

Cat's in the Bag

He does sleep sometimes. I swear, he does.


I did get myself motivated to use the eggplant. 


It's a casserole in a crust and it was very good. I changed it up just a little. The recipe called for sun-dried tomatoes, of which I have none. I did have a small amount of tomato sauce left from a few days ago and used that instead. I liked that. Otherwise, it's grilled eggplant, fresh herbs and lots of cheese! An oil crust isn't as fussy as a short crust.

It's another beautiful day, perfect except for lack of rain. Yesterday was cool and windy, the equines enjoyed it big time. There was no rush to get in the barn like usual. Mark pulled weeds and I worked in the kitchen, getting hooked on Clint Eastwood westerns. All Day. A moth to a flame. 

That was yesterday. 

12 comments:

Boud said...

I must check out the oil crust, never done that. It sounds like great weather and a good day, you industrious folks!

Sandra said...

Boud, it's very simple to make and is perfect for savory dishes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get some rain soon...are you doing a naked rain dance:)

Sandra said...

Far Side, if I did that it would scare the rain gods so much they probably wouldn't show up here again for decades!

Val Ewing said...

Ha ha on the nekked rain dance. I'm thinking about it but the gnats would get in unmentionable places....

e said...

Thanks for you lovely comment. Your eggplant pie looks great. Young man cat energy is amazing!

Sandra said...

Val, HA! That would not be pleasant!

Sandra said...

e, he is a dervish! The eggplant was good. Mark said out of the blue yesterday how good that meal was. Good and simple. I hope you got some rest.

Lori Skoog said...

I would be very happy with that a dinner! Sorry you did not get rain....hopefully what we got will be making a difference. More is on the way, but today it's going to be sunny and 60. Cooler temps are so much nicer for the horses. I'm a pro at binging when I find a good series.

Sandra said...

Lori, I want your weather!! The eggplant was really good. It will become one of the foods in my rotation. I was busy in the kitchen but I spent hours watching those movies!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have been catching up on blog reading this weekend on blog reading after a few days away to visit family in RI last week. Apologies in advance for not commenting on every post missed, not enough time 😉 This eggplant casserole looks like a recipe I would like to try, and maybe others would too. Luckily, we both enjoy eggplant, but there's only so many parm and roasted recipes and a diversion always welcome.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, this is the recipe https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/italian-eggplant-pie/