Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, June 9, 2023

Mostly Beauty

Most of the peonies are done now. There is one bush just starting, but the rest are kaput.










I have about thirty peony bushes, maybe eight different varieties. I thin and transplant every few years. For some reason they like our miserable soil and thrive. 

We have another mild day. It needs to rain but the rain gods don't care what I or any other human has to say. I find this very annoying. 

I cannot let the indictment pass. I have made a habit of leaving politics alone, more for my sake than anything. How did President rise to the level of Monarch? How can a president pardon themselves? I don't know what will come of this. I do know that the deep flaws in our system of governance are bared for the world to see.

Back to our regularly scheduled programing.



10 comments:

Boud said...

I used to have peonies back when I had space. I always wished they'd bloom longer.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful peonies! I usually escape the National News, I am happier that way:)

Sandra said...

Boud, so do I. They are so beautiful and the blooms are gone too soon.

Sandra said...

Far Side, thank you. I don't spend time on these things anymore for my sanity, but the only way to avoid some of it is to be living in a cave in the South Pole. Even that may not work.

Val Ewing said...

I read the indictment which is pretty interesting. Makes me view my bathroom in a new way....

Our peonies are just nearing the end, but I keep finding little blooms to add to a bowl and dump the others.

Lori Skoog said...

I love the variety of peonies that you have! 30 plants. Wow! Guess what! It's raining here....who knows how long it will last. No way will I butt out of the indictment! That one man has changed our country, not to mention how it is regarded around the world. As far as I am concerned, he has done so many outrageous things he deserves no mercy.

Sandra said...

Val, right? That bathroom was full of boxes. I still have a few but it's coming to an end.

Sandra said...

I am envious of your rain. We are in trouble, so dry with nothing in sight.
Trump and his collaborators need to see the inside of a cell. I don't think it will happen.

Pixie said...

The peonies are lovely. We've had no rain and the earth is thirsty.

Sandra said...

Pixie, it's very dry. It's a month since we've had rain.