Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Lovely Morning


My blog friend, Lori, makes simple and delicious looking food which she tempts us with everyday on her blog. A few days ago it was chicken and gravy. She inspired me and since I found, through Boud, that yesterday was my half birthday I decided to have it for dinner, with wild rice. It was so good, thanks for the inspiration, Lori!


We got a little rain last evening, not enough to matter. It did give a short moment of hope, then it went away. We have a lovely, cool morning which I suppose was ushered in by the rain. Thank you rain, even if you hardly did rain.

If I follow through on my plans I will make a recipe I came across that I'd saved a few years ago. Eggplant pie. Sounds awful, right? I would call it something else. The only relation it has to a pie is a pie crust in a pie plate. Otherwise, think more like a pizza. That's how I'm approaching it. I have an eggplant which is on its last leg, I can't let it go over when I specifically asked for it. Not after I made Mark realize how good eggplant is. He would not like me for awhile.

Now that this is sorted out I will go make an olive oil crust, insuring I will follow through and not allow Mark to not like me. Isn't that a sentence!
Ciao  

9 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a great plate of food, my husband does not like broccoli so there is that; Hope you get rain so far this week we have had just about two inches which we are very thankful for. The grass is growing like crazy:)

Sandra said...

Far Side, no rain in the near future. I think the only vegetables I don’t like are corn and beets. I sure wish we got some of that rain!

e said...

I hope you take pictures and let us know how it tastes. I'm curious. Happy half birthday!

Lori Skoog said...

We got 5 meals out of that chicken I roasted. I think I liked the leftover chicken and gravy (added peas) that I turned into tettrazini over linguine better than the chicken and gravy on mashed potatoes. The fresh lemon I used when roasting made the flavor so good. You are the one that's the master! I just can't get into making bread or good pizza dough and your meals always look like something I would love to eat.

Val Ewing said...

The food sounds delicious.
I have no idea how to make half of what you make or what Lori makes.

Of course I married a strict potato and meat guy but he will eat nice salads that I make.

Sandra said...

e, it was good!

Sandra said...

Lori, you did good with that chicken! Lemon makes everything better. I was going to use peas but I had broccoli that was getting old. Thank you for the compliment. I make simple food. We both do, except you are the salad queen. I never give salads the thought you do.

Sandra said...

Val, you do things I would never venture into! It all is in where the interest lays.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I previously commented that I would not have the time to comment on previous post, Sandra, it's hard not to do so when I scroll down and read about your meal planning. Simple recipes are always in my radar and chicken and broccoli are on many meal plans. This is yet another good looking one nd now I am seriously contemplating a copy-cat version on the dinner menu.