Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, June 5, 2023

Cat Days of Summer


The boy has a theme.



He moved in and took over 6 months ago. Although still a kitten he is growing up and is quieter. Until he's not.

Mark picked rhubarb yesterday and is meeting a sister today for breakfast, giving her the rhubarb. I get the next bunch. All the seeds I planted have germinated. I'm really pleased by that, lots of flowers, fennel bulbs and summer squash. Those flower seeds were old.

It's Monday so it's laundry day. The only thing from my scheduled life I have stuck to. The routine in my life was disrupted when my mother died and I made a trip to Saint Paul six days out of the week for eight months. That will break a routine. I'd stay home on Monday to do laundry. That's three years ago already. I know time doesn't change but it sure feels like it's flying by. I think it's because the time ahead is getting shorter and I think about it more. That is a waste of brain space, don't you think? Anyway....onto something I can do and enjoy. I think I'll make an eggplant gratin for dinner. I can use my new grill as an oven so I will do that. It has been hot and humid. Not my cuppa. The weather does not care. Perhaps I need to do as Gatto; chill out, sleep and eat. Make a little mischief.

8 comments:

Pixie said...

Perhaps cats have the right idea, dogs too.

I used to do laundry on Mondays, when I stayed home with kids, now whites get done on Friday or Saturday and then rest is whenever there is enough. I doing laundry as I type:)

Boud said...

My next door neighbor and I were joking recently that we do laundry when we've run out of clean clothes! He also turns the dishwasher on when he runs out of silverware.

Sandra said...

Pixie, a return to Monday! I always have enough in one week. Farm work makes for plenty of laundry.

Sandra said...

Boud, once a week is about it for the clean clothes here. I run the dishwasher when it is full, which is about every other day.

Anonymous said...

I also have a frog planter. I have several chickens,too.

Gatto knew who he wanted and where he wanted to live, and he chose well. He is a charming fellow.

Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Kaye, I get to look at froggy when I sit at the kitchen table!

Gatto is calming down a little. Hopefully he will leave kitten hood behind soon. His kitten play is aggressive!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Somedays I just want to be someones well loved cat! The heat and humidity are awful...I bet this will be the warmest June on record. Stay cool however you can:)

Sandra said...

Far Side, wouldn't that be a life!

It is awful. We aren't able to get anything done, it's stifling. The mosquitos are absolutely horrible.