Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, June 30, 2023

Turkey Walk


There were seven turkeys ambling through the yard yesterday. I didn't have a good vantage point for a photo, this is the best I could do, capturing three through a screen. It has been at least a decade since I've seen turkeys, they were abundant at one time. I was pleased as punch to see them.


I make a point of staying away from politics, not because I think it's best but because I get so distraught I feel I shouldn't spend much time on it. I cannot avoid mentioning the so-called Supreme Court. Back to the fifties and not the music. Yesterday and today....it's sure not a brave new world. 

On a lighter note.... last evening I asked Mark to bring me my phone, telling him it's on the center island. He quipped, is it now the phoney island. Oh, my god. I married him, what can I say.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your comments concerning the Supreme Court decisions...I find them grotesque.
I have seen, twice, a Western Tanager on a trail behind my house. It made my day..both times.

Take Care,
Kaye

Boud said...

Since the brave new world, in the original Tempest, referred to a nightmare world, I'd say you hit the right phrase.
Turkeys are a good reminder that nature goes in whatever fooleries people get up to.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I prefer not to watch much news frankly it puts me to sleep:) We used to have about 20 Turkeys around here but the Hunters got them...or the Wolves and Fox:)

Sandra said...

Kaye, it makes me very worried about the future.

Sandra said...

Boud, yes on both accounts.

Sandra said...

Far Side, we had dozens. They would fill a field.

Ami said...

I recently lost a long time friend over political stuff. We didn't argue, but she is a DeSantis/Trump/OtherScum believer. We didn't even discuss it most of the time, but she decided to end our friendship based on her knowledge that I didn't agree. No great loss to me, but I wish we could talk. I wish that for everyone, though. A respectful dialog. Never gonna happen.

Would make more sense to come to your house and talk to the turkeys, I think.

e said...

The Supreme Court is disgusting. Those turkeys are a delight, you have wonderful wildlife.

Sandra said...

I had a mutual parting with a longtime friend after January 6, Ami. That chasm was to great to cross.Decorum has become a thing of the past. The turkeys might listen!

Sandra said...

e, it's so demoralizing. I'd never seen a wild turkey until I moved here. They are huge!