Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Little Whine With Lunch

Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world.
Margaret Laurence


My horses are being well cared for. This is a Half-Arabian mare, Iris. She is fed and tended to. She is wondering why I have this thing in front of my face that clicks, but otherwise she hasn't had a change in her life. I am more prone to detail than Mark, but the detail isn't what keeps them fed and cared for, it's what keeps things orderly. As long as they all behave and don't get sick or hurt all will be well.


These are photos of where it's all going wrong. I do all of the yard work; mowing, weeding, planting, etc.... The gardens are becoming overgrown, the grass is getting long and patchy. I don't think Mark has ever mowed the lawn! He does do trimming and he uses the brush cutter, but I don't think he's mowed the lawn.






I am the glue, I hold it all together. I see what happens when I'm down for the count. I was interrupted a few minutes ago by a vendor for bedding and I showed her the horses, who are in for the day. Amazing how fast cobwebs form! I really am needed. 

My husband works a lot and he does not like projects. He likes tennis and baseball! He helps with the big stuff or I get Patrick the handyman to do what he can't or won't. But the care of the farm is my job. I do like projects and not tennis and baseball. : ) I will find out today if I can sit on the mower. I'll find out a lot today. I am not a good idle person. I am crabby. I am tired of the internet and TV. If I could throw a tantrum via blog, I would!

On a positive note, it did rain and has just started to rain a bit again as I type. 

I know this will pass and I'll be complaining about how much work I have to do. I realize how fortunate I am to have my animals cared for. I'm still crabby though!

7 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

It is still beautiful! You can still kick him!

Ganeida said...

Please, please, please throw a bloggy tantrum ~ just so I can see what happens. :P lol I know it is misery making not being able to do anything. It's not like a holiday; it's just boring & worry making. HAving to mow the grass myself was my biggest reason for not having any. I have garden ... & paths. No grass.

Judy said...

I know how you feel...I was sick for 2 months one summer...my gardens went to hell with everything else. It too shall pass.

Sandra said...

Queen, he kicks back!

Ganeida, i'll reserve the tantrum for something bigger. : ) my back yard in St. Paul was garden and paths, but this is too large for that. i would not be able to keep up all that garden.

Judy, it will pass, just not soon enough!

Memories Of Mine said...

The world would fall apart if it weren't for the women.

You know the rain will make the grass grow longer, but I guess if your area is dry you really can't complain when rain is needed.

Think of the overgrown garden as a rustic photography opportunity.

Sandra said...

Liss, good idea, rustic photography! We do hold things together, that's for sure.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

It's just grass and you are more important. Just think...with that lovely rain, it will grow faster! I think at times like these, men realize how important we are holding the finer details together..like a home! Go ahead, throw a tantrum..you deserve it!