Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trumpet The News

What is this? I'm leaving the farm today did you say? This world traveler is going to lunch........about three miles from home. And then this afternoon I am attending my first Watertown Fine Arts Committee meeting. This one is a long six mile drive. I had better make sure my passport is in order.

This is the small town that is my mailing address. There has been an effort to spruce it up. but it hasn't caught up to my brain.
There is a jazz festival on the agenda. That could be fun. My farrier told me the rib cook-off in the summer has national cred. Who knew?


So a day filled with two outings. My old Jeep won't know what to think. Mark told me he didn't think it is legal for me to leave twice. Of course the only reason I can leave this afternoon is his generosity. Someone needs to bring in and feed all those horses. The flow of life on my horse farm is completely determined by the horses. And people choose this life. I did, Mark didn't. So I need to be grateful that he helps me when he does.

Let's hope I still know how to behave in public.

8 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I travel five miles from my home, to the food bank, three times a week. That's about all I can do, unless it's to see my family. Red, my 34 year old Trooper, wouldn't make it much further. I do mourn for some culture, frequently! Enjoy the day!

OH! And I would love to try your pie crust recipe. Thanks for the offer! giantspeckledchihuahuha(at)live(dot)com.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Have fun. Hope it all lives up to your expections.

Homer and Queen said...

Seriously? That is the town you live in? I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Beautiful!

Sandra said...

gsc, you got me beat. 34 years and still running. I'm impressed! I'll send you the recipe.

Bonnie, my expectations are low, so I'm sure it will be fine. It may even be fun. : )

Queen, it's my mailing address. I live in the country. It was a dumpy little town but the past few years there has been a push to upgrade. It's a beautiful area with the river running right through the town. I guess I haven't appreciated it as much as I should. I usually go east and this town is to my west.

A.Smith said...

My word! out? did I just felt the world shaking? Have fun, I finally got out Wednesday after 3 weeks inside. Now I am going to cautiously start moving things inside the atelier. I hope you had a great day, and I am sure Mark wouldn't mind to take care of the horses if you are happy with what you are doing. It always reflects, you know?

Sandra said...

Allegra, it's great you felt well enough to get out! Don't do too much, please.

It was a pleasant afternoon. I think these small towns would be wise to form a regional arts group, but I think they are all too protective of their turf to do this. I had a nice time though.

Jean L. said...

I had to check the blog to make sure you made it back home?

Sandra said...

Ha! I will leave again today, but only for the usual: farm supply.