Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lest You Be Fooled

American Gothic
Grant Wood
In the barn Christmas morning:

Me:  South of France.

Him:  South of France?

Me:  I'd like to be in the south of France.

Him:  Is that what they are talking about on the radio?

Me:  No. I'd rather be in the south of France.

Him:  Cause they're talking about it on the radio?

Me:  No. I'd rather be in the south of France than here scooping poop.

Him:  You'd rather be in the south of France scooping poop.

Me:  No. I'd just rather be in the south of France. No poop.
            
Him:  Cote d'Azur?

Me:  That will do.

About sums it up.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

giggle --

Judy said...

Me too! ...the south of France that is, although I would scoop poop too.
I was in Chicago in October and was able to view that amazing painting.

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Is that why those two looks so grim? They're picking poop, on a freezing cold, Minnesotan, Christmas morning. I always wondered....

Sandra said...

Elizabeth: I wish I could say I embellished this conversation. Sadly, I did not. *sigh*

Judy: I wish I could teleport you here and we could spend time in the barn and drink tea later. another *sigh* I would bet the painting is so different in person.

gsc: I think they are grim because they are thinking about being in the barn in winter in MN. *sigh*

Unknown said...

I love the juxtaposition of the previous post with this one.

The ugly beauty of life.

I vote you go.

Sandra said...

deb, my life is filled with such juxtapositions! But mostly, it is filled with manure. : )