Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rain On



It rained very hard this afternoon, so I decided to try to photograph rain. My skill as a photographer are like, none, but I enjoy doing it anyway. I think it looks very strange when caught as an image. I was going to say 'when caught on film'! I stood on the porch as closely against the house as I could. It was raining and blowing hard and I was getting wet. What I won't do for my art. : )
Tomorrow the rotten clay soil will be slippery and I will be crabby, but it was a welcome sight today.

2 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

Yea for the rain, I know that you guys have been needing it! And your home renovation pics are nice. I have always been afraid to go with a dark color on a wall, but I always love it in other people's houses. Maybe I will give it a try one day if we ever stop 'renting'. Your rain pics are very interesting. Did you use a flash to catch the rain drops?

Sandra said...

Ashley, I have a Canon Rebel which is far more skilled than I. It has an automatic flash when it senses low light, so it did flash. I don't know how to use a camera as good as this, but it compensates for my lack of ability! If I knew how to use it I think those photos would have been amazing, but they are still interesting.

The thing with paint is, it's reversible! And you have stone counters and an INDOOR pool. And the most adorable children. You win. : )