Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Didn't Go

to the schooling show. I was so excited to go that I didn't consider the logistics. And after our experience on Monday, I think we were both a little spooked! Yes, Wonder Woman can be spooked. : ) 
But, back to the logistics. The show was 1 1/2 hours away, Kristina lives in St. Paul and worked until midnight on Saturday. Our first ride was at 8:15 and Zing needs time to settle in, as well as time to be worked. This in mind, we needed to leave my place at 5:00, so Kristina needed to leave home by 4:00AM. Kristina has no experience working with a stallion who acts like a stallion, Zing is well-behaved at home, and I worried about her and him especially considering she would be tired. I presented the facts to her and left it up to her. She made, I think, the wise choice.
I didn't like to scratch, but the main point was the benefit. I don't like to tempt the fates, but if all goes well we will have next year, no need to put undo stress on any of us. And, if I can tell the truth, I have, unbelievable to me, lost my competitive edge. I never would have thought I wouldn't care about showing horses, but I find I don't. 
On the comfort side, it rained all day here, so if it was the same there, I'm too old for that! Gone are the days I thought that was fun. Now I know I am lost to the world of competition, for I would have shown up during hurricane Ike a few years ago.

4 comments:

JeanRDH said...

Sounds like it would have been alot of work due to the logistics.
There will be other shows....or other events to bring your horses to that aren't competative but just fun to be at. (Like that time we went to Sue's)

Sandra said...

That was so much fun I can't believe it. Even though I could hardly stay in the saddle and I only rode for half of the day, I don't think I have had so much fun for a long time.

You need to let me know when you have a Sunday free and we will go to Carver Park. I know I can handle those logistics. : )

Jean L. said...

Sometimes with mature years comes a keener sense of reality and self preservation.

I SO completely understand. :~)

Sandra said...

It is a comforting feeling knowing that we get something out of getting old!