Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, October 2, 2009

Thank You!

I have been given another award! Jo at Rainbow Up North has awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Now we all know there is a price to be paid with awards, so you will need to bear with me as I divulge seven more things about myself. Thank you Jo for thinking of me with this award.


So without further drama:


1.  I don't use my cell phone. 


2.  Based on the above, it's no surprise that I have never sent nor received a text message.


3.  I have been in the back of a paddy wagon.


4.  I found a spare thirty pounds laying around over the past year and thought I may as well claim them.


5.  I was named by accident. I was supposed to be Victoria, but my mother was not alert when she filled in the name on the birth certificate. My father had mentioned the name Sandra in passing at one time and my mother filled that in as my name. Later in the day she asked about naming me and was told she already had. So I was Sandra. 


6.  As you can see by #5, my father was absent during much of my life, including when I was named. It was his job.


7.  My first dog was a German Shepherd named Duchess. She and I were the same age and raised together. She felt like a sibling to me. I guess my mother didn't have enough to do with a new baby so she decided she needed a puppy as well. Duchess died when we were fourteen.


Now for the rules:


1. Thank the person who gave this to you.



2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.


3. Link the person who nominated you.


4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.


5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers.'


6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.


7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.


I have too many people I would like to nominate. I also know that lots of people don't like to do these awards. So, being the Kreativ Blogger I am, I am going to alter this a bit and say I would nominate all of you. I know, a copout, but I've been sick. : )

6 comments:

Just Jules said...

germs are everywhere aren't they? and the temp is just right for them to attack. congrats on the award

Sandra said...

I will pas it on to you if you would like it. You would be a choice I would make. I think sometimes people don't want to fuss with it. I passed an award on several months ago and no one claimed it, so I have reconsidered.

I have been very sick, but am now coming out of it.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

OK...fess up...in the back of a paddy wagon for what? LOL!
Glad to see your humor is intact with the last bout of whatever it was that got you sick. Hope the weekend finds you totally recuperated & feeling fantastic!!

Britwife said...

Alicia,I was wondering the same thing! :) Paddy wagon!
I have a pay as you go cell phone. I put $100 on it in January because then I wouldn't have to do it for a whole year.
I checked my balance earlier this week, and I STILL have $92 on the stupid phone. Obviously I don't do texting either.

Sandra said...

I'll fess up. I haven't changed all that much over the years, other than my physical appearance. I was a person of strong convictions in my youth, which had put me in the back of paddy wagons, although somehow I managed to always talk my way out of arrest. I was a war protester.

I don't know how to retrieve messages and always forget to press the send button, but I Don't think it's called that anymore! I guess I am of the tin can and a string generation. : )

I'm feeling better. I think on my way to feeling good.

Ganeida said...

Ah well. I can't use my cell phone so have never done 2 either & despite marching against Vietnnam never achieved paddy wagon status. I had a cat named Puss who was the same age as I was. She died when we were 16. It was devestating. I am trying to catch up. Mum's computer is too slow to really check out what's been happening in the nether world of Blogland.