Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, December 26, 2009

White Horses

The Lipizzans of the Spanish Riding School in Austria. I fell in love with these horses as a teenager and never thought I would ever have one. Well I don't, but I do have two cross-breds by Conversano II Aloha II, a stallion owned by my very accomplished former trainer who left us for Florida and a man! Lou earned a USDF Gold Medal at Grand Prix a few years ago. Ari would be a Grand Prix horse if I still had a trainer like Jean. But Ari and Ben are a source of wonder and pride for me, regardless.


Enjoy the dance.

5 comments:

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I, too, fell in love with the The Lipizzans of the Spanish Riding School in Austria. I was blessed to see them live in the late 60's or early 70's. They leave me speechless, and in awe.

There's a new Rolex commercila,that reminds me of the spanish School, Andulsians, though...but with a gorgeous capriole at 0:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UDg6pM4Ns

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I have always been enamored with the white horses! How they can move and the exquisite riding skills of the riders of the school is unbelievable! Pure poetry in motion that brings tears to my eyes every time I see them perform.

Ganeida said...

Ah, now I know what you're talking about. They are wonderful! I first saw these as a child & was mesmerized.

Deb said...

What a beautiful ballet. I loved it all, the beautiful horses, gorgeous space, costumes of the riders, the music, the choreography! What a treat. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

gsc, I looked at the video. That was some leap! Ari did the capriole once when he got mad during a lesson. It was almost like that! Scared his riding nearly to death. After that we learned not to make the Princess mad. : )

Alicia, I always have the same response as you. I think some of us have that horse gene!

Ganeida, it's a ballet. I saw the Lipizzans perform again four years ago. I was still enthralled.

Debra, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your learning somethings about horses you probably never thought about!