Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

More About Food


What can I say. It's my life. Yesterday I took a gallon of milk and turned it into ricotta. 


For slightly under $4 I get three containers of ricotta and four of whey. The whey can be frozen for use in baking when the weather turns cool.


Why so much ricotta you may wonder. One reason is these lovely things are starting to become ready to pick. I will also make a ricotta cake and perhaps ricotta gnocchi. Mark had not eaten eggplant before knowing me, being open to trying anything, he found he really likes it. Eggplant involtini and parmesan are on the menu. Mark loves eggplant "meatballs" so....... I'll likely indulge him.


Monday I roasted a small baking sheet of tomatoes. Last evening we had them for dinner.


 That's the skinny from the worlds end.

2 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I enjoy ricotta but have never considered making my own, so you're doing do and then having such delicious sounding plans for the results are to be applauded, Sandra. The eggplant look wonderful!

Anvilcloud said...

Yum from this end. :)