Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, July 11, 2026

Another Heat Wave.


With 90+ F/30+ C temperatures and high humidity for the coming week I have been thinking of winter. That's where this unbearable weather takes me. Frankly, I prefer the snow. With this thought, a lovely photo of Sir Gatto in the gentle light of a winter evening. He wanted an appearance on Caturday.


Matthew is coming to visit today, bringing lunch. It's been a long time since we have seen him. Life is busy.

We can dream. Right?



38 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Fans. They help us through this mess. I have a fan on the porch for when the pooches want to sit outside and sniff the air.
It will be an interesting night tonight in the tent.
Yum with Matthew coming to visit and bringing lunch!

Pixie said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit with Matthew.
We've had so much rain that the humidity is ridiculous and I've noticed that there is now webbing growing between my toes:)

"Tommy" said...

Really like the photo of Sir Gatto. So Regal, with the wood walls and leather sofa; it speaks of the rural regalness of the Home.

Dreaming said...

Enjoy the visit and keep dreaming of winter! It will be here before we know it.

peppylady (Dora) said...

We only hit 90 once this summer.

The Happy Whisk said...

Love that he's coming for a visit and I LOVE snow too. I also love the fall, winter and spring. Really, I do loooovvves it all for different reasons. Wishing you a fun weekend.

CheerfulMonk said...

Good luck with the heat. We don’t have your humidity, but I’m mostly lying around doing puzzles.

Granny Sue said...

This picture is the very essence of beauty. Lucky cat to live there! Lucky people too. Sorry about the heat, though. We have had a lot of the same, and it's grueling.

Boud said...

I hope you passed on our greetings to Matthew. You know, your imaginary friends!

Lori Skoog said...

Gorgeous photo of Gatto! Love the light and the space. I hope you are not sending me your weather.I'm sure you enjoyed your visit with Matthew. The older I get the less I like summer.

Anvilcloud said...

I just checked 36C/97F here on Tuesday. That’s pretty brutal if you ask me. I understand about winter.

Miss Merry said...

It is going to be a very warm week here too.

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

Me and my pug can barely wait for summer to be over too :)) Have a nice Sunday!

Bohemian said...

Gato is posing so brilliantly for his fabulous Calendar worthy Photo! It's been 115-117 here but we have AC, I don't know how those are holding up under Heat Domes in Europe and our East Coast who don't have it, I cannot even Imagine, coz they're getting temps as Hot as Phoenix!!! Yikes!!!

nick said...

I hope your weather becomes more bearable. Ninety plus temperatures and high humidity must be pretty insufferable.

Sandra said...

Fans are a life saver, really, Val. We have ceiling and stand fans and I have a desk fan in my office. I am hoping you had a wonderful night in the tent. Lunch was good!

Sandra said...

Are you duck walking, Pixie? 😉

Sandra said...

Gatto ego will swell even more, Tommy. He was a perfect model at this moment.

Sandra said...

As summers worsen winter becomes very desirable to me, Dreaming.

Sandra said...

Wow! You are so lucky, Dora.

Sandra said...

I used to enough summer, but it has changed, Ivy. We enjoyed the visit.

Sandra said...

This kind of humidity started maybe a decade ago, Cheerful.

Sandra said...

It is brutal, AC. Especially for those of us on the northern latitudes.

Sandra said...

You have my sincere sympathy, Miss Merry.

Sandra said...

A pug! Adorable sweet doggies, Andreja!

Sandra said...

The room is small but the windows open it up, Sue. I was a watcher of Escape to the Country, a British series. I learned a word from it. Snug. A small, comfortable room. That's what I call the space.

Sandra said...

You are not imaginary, Boud. You are friends I've never met!

Sandra said...

It's unheard of for these countries to get that hot, Dawn. They don't have the ability to find relief as ac is not common. It's terrible.

Sandra said...

I've had a serious talk with the weather gods, Lori. They never listen, though!

Sandra said...

It is, nick. I hate it.

DeniseinVA said...

That’s great that Matthew is coming for a visit. A beautiful photo of Sir Gatto! I am with you on these excruciatingly hot and humid days.

Sandra said...

It was good to see him, Denise.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Gato is adorable, Sandra! Yes, fans do help. As well, sun block curtains for me have been a lifesaver, as I live in a 6th floor apartment! I am grateful to have an air conditioner, even if I don't use it all day, it really helps to make the apartment much more comfortable.
I am very happy that Matthew is coming to visit you today, dear friend.
I hope you have a lovely time, and I wish you a great week ahead!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Gatto looks very regal on the piano and the lighting was lovely as well. No to hot weather and we are getting a repeat in Nashua, NH, this week. Unfortunately, we have some errands and appointments regardless.

Sandra said...

I turn the ac on when absolutely necessary, Linda. The electric cost has become a nightmare. It was very nice to see the son.

Sandra said...

It is tough going from air-conditioning to heat back to the ac, Dorothy. I hope your appointments and errands go quickly.

Lori said...

I love the fresh herbs, veggies and fruit that summer brings but I prefer winter myself. Gato is just adorable!!

Sandra said...

Me, too, Lori. I grow herbs in pots and vegetables in old water tanks!