Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Chippy


Chipper little fella.


We have a rainy morning, which is much appreciated. Although it's green out there we are still seriously behind on rainfall. I've been rather blah although sitting outside watching the wild things was a pleasure. I think I'll sit on the front porch with my coffee and listen to the rain. I'll check in with you all later.

27 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We have one that roams around in our backyard on occasion. They’re so cute.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Awwww....sweet video, Sandra! We are supposed to get rain here in Montreal tomorrow, it will be nice if we do. However, I don't think it will give much relief from the heat and humidity. A little relief, though, is better than none!
Thank you so much for sharing this sweet and enjoyable moment!

CheerfulMonk said...

Sitting and watching, listening to, the rain sounds like a great use of your time. ❤️

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

Sandra, enjoy listening to the raindrops,
kiss from Andrej!

Val Ewing said...

Ohhh, that is nice! I sat out last night and listened to the rain and watched a lightening show.
Sometimes some quiet time is just perfect.

Pixie said...

I took Heidi for a walk yesterday and we scared a squirrel, Heidi perked right up. Before she lived with us she ate a lot of squirrels.
Hope you're feeling better today. Sending hugs.

Sandra said...

I saw your chipmunk on your latest post. Very cute!

Sandra said...

It was a pleasant morning, Cheerful.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Andreja, I did.

Sandra said...

Absolutely, Val. No puttering with my phone, either.

Sandra said...

The cats like to leave dead baby squirrels at my door. I tell them not to appreciate me so much! I am making an effort to live in the moment, as is the oft said buzzword. There is a point to this, though, Pixie. Which I am slowly learning.

Sandra said...

We had a light morning rain yesterday, Linda. I just now came in from doing a short stint in the garden. I’m soaked and not by rain! The little fella was scampering around on the driveway yesterday.

nick said...

I spend a lot of time doing precisely nothing. It's very restful!

Sandra said...

I do a bit of that myself, nick. It is restful.

Boud said...

I'm learning to go out on the deck and just sit. Not read or draw or anything. Just sit. It's surprising how much is going on, too.

Lori Skoog said...

87 and muggy here today. Some days it puts me in stop. Will call you soon.

Granny Sue said...

On the porch listening to rain sounds like perfection!

nick said...

No rain here, but a prolonged heat wave. Temperature in London has reached the 30s Celsius. And there's a torrent of scam adverts for supposedly cheap and super-efficient air conditioners.

Sandra said...

It feels good, doesn't it Boud.

Sandra said...

As soon as we head into the high humidity I'm on full stop, Lori. I look forward to talking to you.

Sandra said...

You know, Sue, it was.

Sandra said...

That is very hot for London, nick. I'm seeing a lot of ads for those rip-off air conditioners also. I sure a lot of people are desperate enough to try.

Dreaming said...

We have all kinds of rodents...but no chipmunks. I miss those little cuties!

DeniseinVA said...

Noe that sounds really nice sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee and listening to the rain.

DeniseinVA said...

cute little chipper

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

So beautiful flowers, kiss Andreja!

The Happy Whisk said...

What a little critter. Was hard for me to see at first and then, there he was. How cute.