Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza
Sunday, July 5, 2026
Contemplation
I have held the belief that a nation which cannot look honestly at itself, at the bad, along with the good, is a nation which will never evolve. The past couple of days have cemented this point of view.
I follow with disbelief all the cock-ups with the Reflecting Pool, the falling bit of stage, the yellow ooze on the triumphal arch, the non-existent crowds etc. How he manages to stay president is beyond me.
We had a quiet 4th also, and listened to the neighborhood fireworks. I always worry about one landing on our roof. Never want to spoil anyone’s fun but it started to rain and the wind picked up. It was around 11.45 when I heard the last one and all was well. I switched off all news that day. I was sent photos of a small neighborhood parade a friend sent us, all parents with small children. Did my heart good to see a little one dressed as George Washington. Your rambling rose is lovely Sandra.
Yeah, sadly we seem to be devolving as a Nation rather than Evolving. I can only hold out Hope that in 100 Years, all New People. We're repeating Bad History coz we're clearly not Learning from it and trying to whitewash and alter it with a fabricated sanitized version.
I'm becoming more aware of every day and appreciating what I have while I have it. Just on the in case, Sue. I guess that is the positive thing in all this horrid mess.
I am waiting for better days Sandra, living in hope here, crossing fingers and toes! These beautiful blooms put a whole different perspective on smelling the roses. Thank you!
30 comments:
The 4th of July was actually a very emotional day in so many ways. I hope it is never like that again.
I follow with disbelief all the cock-ups with the Reflecting Pool, the falling bit of stage, the yellow ooze on the triumphal arch, the non-existent crowds etc. How he manages to stay president is beyond me.
You poor guys, but poor world too.
Your photo is absolutely stunning, Sandra!
Smell the roses, yes.
I tried to do something fun on the 4th. Just wasn't in the mood.
Amen to that!
We had a low-key day, Lori. I tried not to think about it.
He stays president because of a corrupt Supreme Court and an obliging Congress, nick.
Yes, and I am sorry for that, AC.The world did not ask for this.
Thank you, Linda. My old rambling rose.
Neither were we, Val.
Yes, Cheerful!
The rose appears to be the same rose that we have down here, called the 7 Sister Rose.
That is a gorgeous photo of your roses.
I had a quiet day, not much to celebrate . My son visited, so that was nice.
I know it as a rambling rose, Tommy.
Thank you, Lori.
It was also quiet for us, Boud. We found nothing to celebrate as well.
We had a quiet 4th also, and listened to the neighborhood fireworks. I always worry about one landing on our roof. Never want to spoil anyone’s fun but it started to rain and the wind picked up. It was around 11.45 when I heard the last one and all was well. I switched off all news that day. I was sent photos of a small neighborhood parade a friend sent us, all parents with small children. Did my heart good to see a little one dressed as George Washington. Your rambling rose is lovely Sandra.
"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Scary though for republicans and Americans.
Yeah, sadly we seem to be devolving as a Nation rather than Evolving. I can only hold out Hope that in 100 Years, all New People. We're repeating Bad History coz we're clearly not Learning from it and trying to whitewash and alter it with a fabricated sanitized version.
So beautiful rose, kiss!
I would have enjoyed seeing the tot dressed as Washington, Denise! One person's fun is another's misery. I would gladly do without all the explosions.
We are repeating a past which has been repeated throughout history, Pixie. Authoritarianism follows a playbook. Sad.
Couldn't have said it better, Dawn.
Thank you, Andreja.
Agreed. Hankering down and just trying to get through this mess.
I'm becoming more aware of every day and appreciating what I have while I have it. Just on the in case, Sue. I guess that is the positive thing in all this horrid mess.
I am waiting for better days Sandra, living in hope here, crossing fingers and toes! These beautiful blooms put a whole different perspective on smelling the roses. Thank you!
Hope you're doing okay with your stress levels. Sending good vibes and homemade noodles your way.
Post a Comment