Yes, arrogant. Also a great songwriter, imo. If If we judged actors, artists, which musicians are, on their personalities there would likely be few whose work we could admire, Boud!
I hope your cats are enjoying their day off. Whenever I come home from a shopping trip I see birds on wires all the way, but they are usually pigeons :)
That song has an interesting background, nick. It's about the Holocaust, the forcing of prisoners to play classical music while bodies were dumped in the crematorium. Also how closely the language for the end of life and the expression of love are connected. I didn't figure this out by myself. I read it a few years ago. The cadence of the music hits you when you understand his meaning. As I said, he was a songwriter.
Wow, I had no idea about those additional meanings, that's very interesting. One thing I like about the video is the number of older couples who are featured.
23 comments:
I'm in camp Matthew. Too smug for my taste. Real birds on real wires, they're interesting.
Yes, arrogant. Also a great songwriter, imo. If If we judged actors, artists, which musicians are, on their personalities there would likely be few whose work we could admire, Boud!
I had no idea cats could get the day off. Obviously your cats have a much better contract than ours:)
They outnumber us, Pixie.
Sandra, the heat is climbing here, along with the humidity. Maybe October will arrive soon
The cats definitely deserve a day off every now and then. 😸 I love the birds on the wire picture.
I hope your cats are enjoying their day off. Whenever I come home from a shopping trip I see birds on wires all the way, but they are usually pigeons :)
Did you get a day off?
Unless those birds are....Catbirds.
:)
Postscript about Cohen: I don't think his work is so good -- as I said, smug! I don't know anything about him, just meaning a couple of his songs.
We will be 97 today, Tommy with a heat index of 110! I don't even know how to handle that. Ah, yes. October.
I sometimes could use a day off from the cats, Jane!!
You don't want to stand under the wires with pigeons up there, Denise!
I'm sure taking one today, Lori. Heat index of 110. Unbelievable.
😄
This is the beauty of all art, isn't it Boud. One person's treasure is another's trash. See how uncreative I am!!
Dance Me To the End of Love is one of my favourite tracks. And I don't think he's smug at all.
That song has an interesting background, nick. It's about the Holocaust, the forcing of prisoners to play classical music while bodies were dumped in the crematorium. Also how closely the language for the end of life and the expression of love are connected. I didn't figure this out by myself. I read it a few years ago. The cadence of the music hits you when you understand his meaning. As I said, he was a songwriter.
I really like Hallelujah, but I like Jeff Buckley's version best. The emotion seems stronger to me, nick.
LOL Sandra! It's great the cats have a day off...luckily for the birds. :) Love this photo!
Wow, I had no idea about those additional meanings, that's very interesting. One thing I like about the video is the number of older couples who are featured.
😊
Gatto is sleeping in his donation box, which it seems will not be donated anytime soon, Linda.
Post a Comment