We are having three days of what was once normal summer weather. I am taking full advantage. Yesterday I weeded this flower bed. It was laden with weeds. I had to carefully maneuver my way into the inner area to pull weeds and vines. Me treading carefully is a laughable idea, since I can barely walk without tumbling over, but somehow I managed not to fall and destroy what I was trying to clear. This flower bed took four hours to weed and my body knows it.
This wildly overgrown patch is next on the list but may need to wait until tomorrow, the last day of a working temperature. Today will be a less stressful-on-my-body day. Just some general cleanup, maybe some mowing. Then more weeding Thursday.
This overgrown spot will be tilled for Iris transplant later this year. I have many that need a new home. The daylily population, here and everywhere not pictured, all come from the few I brought with me from my home in Saint Paul, as well as the yellowish iris which are also in abundance. It's a pleasant remembrance of that grand old house.
Enjoy a stroll through a garden.
34 comments:
I'm glad the weather allowed you to get outside for some gardening. It's a good thing Gary enjoys it because I sure don't. He has trouble keeping up as we have so many. Only in the 60s today....feels good.
Yesterday we had hail and over half an inch of rain.
I was weeding the other day and while I rested afterwards I cwatched Ants Country Life on YouTube. He was weeding!
Your 4 hours sure paid off by the looks of it. Cool here today. I don't mind.
I'm glad you had a reprieve from the weather. Please take care and don't overdo it. ❤️
That's a lot of weeding but the bed looks good. I'm glad my garden is much smaller.
So beautiful garden dear Sandra!
It seems that our good buddy AC started a weedy trend! Love it!
I think that is a beautiful garden! Rainbow colors and green...it makes my heart sing!
I am seriously thinking that more Lilies and phlox should be in some of the areas I have they look amazing in your yard.
You have beautiful garden areas of your yard. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it. The cool down here has been lovely. I will be sad to see it end.
Good that the weather was better for you to be able to work in the garden, Sandra. Weeding was never a favorite chore for me. Hope your back had a good rest afterwards.
PS that first shot with the log is awesome, it looks like a designer placed it to accent the garden!
Rather you than me undertaking such arduous garden tidying! I garden for about an hour at a time before refreshments are needed.
I don't know how Gary does it, Lori. He must be superman. We have one more day before we head back into the furnace.
Weeding seems to be a theme, Boud.
My gluteus is not happy, AC!
I either do nothing or too much, Cheerful. I have done the latter. 😉
There is more to do, Pixie. I once had ten different flower beds. Over the last few years they became overgrown. Now I have 5 and some foundation planting.
Thank you Andreja.
Phlox spreads itself like a champ, Val. But it is beautiful. I pulled a lot of it out in the first grade and I think the balance is nice. I added hollyhock last year. I like an organized mess!
That is a tree that was downed at least three years ago, Val. I have decided to keep it but the large branches need to be cut off. Someday Mark will get to it. And, yes. AC did seem to start something!
You and me both, Lori. It's impossible to maintain the property is the high heat and humidity. I am making slow progress.
Well, I didn't listen to my back and did work outside yesterday but not as much, Dorothy. This is the way I remember summer.
I feel the press of time, nick. The weekend starts the high heat and humidity again. I did have a break with lunch so it wasn't unbroken time.
Now that looks really beautiful Sandra, and I'm glad you are getting nice weather. We are too and loving it.
Beautiful garden, Sandra. It got cooler here in Montreal yesterday and today, a welcome relief. The heat 🥵 is returning on Saturday, though, so the forecast says.
Thank you, Denise. The nice weather is over, I'm sorry to say.
Thank you, Linda. We are having the same weather. The extended forecast is not hopeful.
Did some of the same yesterday, but only 30 minutes worth. You are a superwoman to hang in there for 4 hours!
I should be at it today but we just got home from our overnighter and I slept terribly, so no weeding for me today. A shame, since it is much cooler today.
Such pretty flowers, I gave up weeding years ago and just let the wildflowers do there thing:)
Very pretty and a lot of labor. I hope you are not sore from your efforts. Thanks for visiting and I hope you cool off.
Hi Sandra, please stay safe and hydrated. In reference to your kind comment on my latest blog post on health, thank you so much for sharing that you have depression. Not sure if you have seen my posts in the past, but I have struggled with depression for decades, it's good to know that others do as well.
It's comforting in a way to know that we are not alone.
I think I found your blog this year, Linda. I'm on two meds that are helping me but it is always lying in waiting. I am sorry, it can steal life. You are definitely not alone.
My 4 hours was broken by lunch, so not all at one time, Sue. Take a break, you deserve it.
Not a bad choice, FS.
I am always glad to see a post from you, e.
Post a Comment