Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Winter is Coming Soon, Right?


I walked through a patch of catnip yesterday. The cats have been enthralled by my tennis shoes. They take turns.


Another, just like the others, hot and humid day ahead. The horses are doing well, handling this weather like the Arabians they are. They do remind me they are Minnesota Arabians. I'll be doing like Gatto and lay low.

26 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Well, we first have to get through the August to mid-September period down here, it's the period that the most destructive hurricanes have swirled in the Gulf of Mexico, and made landfall here. I do look forward to catching the Fall breezes on the front porch

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful Gatto has the right idea.

Anvilcloud said...

While our forecast is definitely summer, there doesn't appear to be absolutely torrid weather in the 14 day forecast. I don't know about humidity though. I haven't checked that aspect.

Far Side of Fifty said...

This is a long hot spell!

Val Ewing said...

It was muggly here this morning and more about that later. Hannah and I took a hike while Charlie was in surgery.

Hannah and I are too tired to do too much this afternoon so we'll read a book and go pick up Charles.
I picked some catnip today while we were hiking. I like the smell along with the other mints.

At least there is a nice breeze coming down through the forest.

Enjoy looking out the windows at your flowers!

Lori Skoog said...

You need to catch a break in the weather! So far, it has not reached us.

Boud said...

This has been a rugged summer, and it's not even August yet, whine, moan.

Miss Merry said...

Way too hot to do anything else but lay low! I love the photo hugging the shoe!

CheerfulMonk said...

Yes! Laying low here too. 😊!

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you and Gatto are doing okay in this heat, the horses also. I am going to have to look up what catnip looks like. The temperatures are more bearable here. I hope yours are too.

Sandra said...

September has become uncomfortable here, Tommy. Those hurricanes would scare the bejeezus out of me.

Sandra said...

There's nothing like chillin with a tennis shoe smelling of catnip, Linda!

Sandra said...

A few of the days would have been like summer if not for the humidity, AC. We have rain today!

Sandra said...

It's been awful, FS.

Sandra said...

Your blog must not be showing up on my feed. I know nothing about Charlie having surgery. I will search, Val.

Sandra said...

Let us cross fingers it never does reach you, Lori. We have much needed rain today.

Sandra said...

We could form a whine, moan chorus, Boud!

Sandra said...

I need to pick them some nip, Miss Merry.

Sandra said...

I think it's a common occupation right now, Cheerful.

Sandra said...

It is more bearable and we have rain, Denise! Catnip grows in abundance here.

nick said...

That's funny about the fascinating tennis shoes. Cats do get fascinated by the oddest things!

Sandra said...

I think it's because cats are odd, nick.

peppylady (Dora) said...

A lease they took turn.

Sandra said...

They are kind like that, Dora.

e said...

Gatto has the right idea...

Sandra said...

Always, e. 😉