Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Tried Something New


Good Morning one and all. It's a pleasantly cool morning, something rather rare these days. Life has been quiet and uneventful, which isn't a bad thing. The produce is beginning to produce. Soon I will have tomatoes and eggplant. Fennel and the accidental celery. Herbs are in their glory and all is well. 

My good friend Lori posted a recipe I found unusual, so I had to give it a try. It turned out to be really good. 



I don't have biscuit mix so I put the dry ingredients together for biscuits. I used about half of that for this recipe. The oil threw me off but I gave it a go. It worked! I used olive oil as I haven't any vegetable oil. I used Gruyere and Pecorino Romano with some shredded mozzarella on top. I had to cook it 50 minutes. I think I had it in a smaller casserole dish which made it thicker. Thank you Lori. You got an A+ from Mark!


 


22 comments:

Lori said...

That does look delicious!!

Miss Merry said...

That does sound really good!

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

So wonderful and good Sandra!

"Tommy" said...

Sounds Yummy; I bet it tastes soooo Good. Just looking at it made me hungry ...

DeniseinVA said...

Oh yum, that looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe and thank Lori too.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This looks so good!!!

Lori Skoog said...

So glad Mark approved! The leftover overs tasted even better at room temperature. Many people have tried this recipe!

Dreaming said...

Looks yummy! Lori always posts amazing food pictures on her blog.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The recipe looks like something I might try as zucchini is on sale this week.

CheerfulMonk said...

I would love to try some!

Sandra said...

It was, Lori.

Sandra said...

Good and easy, Miss Merry.

Sandra said...

I'm grateful Lori shared it, Andreja.

Sandra said...

It surprised me how good it is, Tommy.

Sandra said...

I've got several really good ideas from Lori, Denise. I still make your soda bread!

Sandra said...

Good and easy, Linda.

Sandra said...

I appreciate the recipe, Lori. It's now on the meal rotation!

Sandra said...

Indeed she does, Dreaming.

Sandra said...

I happen to have several in my refrigerator, Dorothy.

Sandra said...

Easy to put together, Cheerful.

Val Ewing said...

It may be easy but not for me! LOL! Yes, I could do it an might even try it!

I'm liking the cool mornings so much.

Sandra said...

Believe me Val, you can do it. It's worth the try.