Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Update


Happy Caturday



I'm giving a quick update on the results from the torture chamber. The MRI shows arthritis throughout the spine. I have straight back syndrome because of this. I still have the fluid on both sides of the spine so surgery is not warranted at this time. I will be given some kind of injection in my neck then later in the thoracic spine when I see the spine doctor. I was told there are two each and they can last as long as a year.

This won't straighten me but it will take away or at least reduce the pain. The PA told me posture exercises after I have the injections may help somewhat.

So, finally, after five years, an answer.

36 comments:

Modrina Neba said...

Sandra, So sweet...Hug Andreja!

Boud said...

Finally, let's hope this brings some relief. It's taken them long enough to at least find out what's up.

Val Ewing said...

And now that explains the mobility issues and why you get so sore after doing certain kinds of work. Gosh, what the pits.
I hope some treatment sure helps!

DeniseinVA said...

It’s been quite a journey for you to reach this point, but it’s good to get the pain meds and I hope this gives you the relief you need.

nick said...

That all sounds fairly positive. I hope the injections will give you some desperately-sought relief from the pain.

Bohemian said...

Glad you got an answer and a Treatment Plan set up to reduce the suffering you're experiencing and get some relief.

Lori Skoog said...

At least you finally got a response! Hope you can now get some relief! Your cats are so smart!

Miss Merry said...

So happy you finally have an answer. Now to pray the shots work!!!!!

e said...

I hope the shots help...Sending hugs!

Ami said...

FINALLY an answer! I'm glad you got the information, but sorry that you have to go through all that shit to help get it straightened out.

Pixie said...

I'm glad you finally have an answer. Hopefully the injections will help.

Ami said...

PS. Finally some abnormal test results for me. I've been saying something's wrong for several years and not being heard. Dismissed, I believe is the phrase. I'm not seriously ill, but I do need some medical help. I got *such* a rush when I saw 'abnormal' on some of my blood test results. LOL. I felt so vindicated!!!!

"Tommy" said...

Glad to know that you now have a course of action that can help.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Andreja.

Sandra said...

It's shameful how this is so common among women, isn't it Boud.

Sandra said...

I'm lost for words, Val. I do have some hope.

Sandra said...

So do I. Denise.

Sandra said...

Thanks, nick.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Dawn.

Sandra said...

Good taste in literature, Lori

Sandra said...

I'm worried it will be a while before I get in to have the injections, Miss Merry.

Sandra said...

Thank you, e.

Sandra said...

It's shameful, Ami.

Sandra said...

Fingers crossed, Pixie.

Sandra said...

This is very good news, Ami. We take our wins when we get them.

Sandra said...

I sure hope so, Tommy.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Oh no Sandra. I had to look this up as I have never heard of this. A bad back is no fun; had one for years. At least you have answers now.

Sandra said...

Yes, that does help, Gill.

Lori said...

I'm glad you finally have answers on what is going on. That is always a bit of relief. Hopefully the treatment and exercises will help you a lot.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so glad they found an answer, at least. I hope the treatments and exercises can help.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Oh Sandra, I am so happy that you are on the road to either less pain or no pain!!! Thank you so much for sharing this update.

Sandra said...

It is a relief, Lori. Not knowing weighs a person down.

Sandra said...

Me, too Cheerful.

Sandra said...

You are welcome. Thank you for your positive thoughts. Linda.

Granny Sue said...

I am so glad to hear this. No quick fix, it seems, but at least some relief.

Sandra said...

I sure hope so, Sue.