Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, September 27, 2026



I've had to resort to putting videos on YouTube to post here. No matter which browser I use they won't post. All my troubles should be so small.


I lit my first fire of the season yesterday. We were in the 50s F with rain all day. It felt good on these old bones.

These little fur balls agreed.



It's another dreary day although slightly warmer than yesterday. The equines are out enjoying the remaining grass in their pastures. I'm enjoying my coffee and all is well.

This little guy is not Gatto. This is Tabby. There must be some quirk in the brain of an orange cat, you want to lay on paper?


Good Sunday to you all.





 

32 comments:

Rita said...

I had to run the oil heater down here in the basement yesterday, too. Fall has arrived. Love how cats also change with the seasons--lol! ;)

Anvilcloud said...

We have had some glorious days but today is windy and has clouded over. The last few nights have not brought us close to frost but a few earlier ones were touch and go. Since I don’t have the comfort of watching a cat sleep, it’s nice to see your cats being very relaxed cats.

"Tommy" said...

I congratulate y'all on having those fireplace days. I hope we can have some down here soon, too.

Boud said...

Cooler here, too, handled with long sleeves and extra socks, but no heating on yet. Yet.

CheerfulMonk said...

We haven't turned on the heat yet, but it is getting a lot closer!

Lori Skoog said...

We are going to be building fires soon too. Coldish here. I have turned on the furnace....just in the kitchen....a couple of times. I have no clue how you would post via you tube. You are a techie.

Miss Merry said...

Your kitties look so cozy in the beautiful fall weather!

Lori said...

We're still pretty warm here. I'm a bit envious of your cooler weather. I'm ready for soups and comfort food.

Gill - That British Woman said...

We're also still warm here in Southern Ontario. Temps will start to drop by the end of the week. I always "hope" that we don't have to put the heating on until after Thanksgiving (Oct 12th), we'll see.

Sandra said...

I love my oil filled radiators, Rita! We have had several gloomy, moderate days. I can't say I miss the summer of heat and humidity.

Sandra said...

I can always provide you with cats, AC.

Sandra said...

Mark needs to cut up the downed trees if I'm to any more, Tommy.

Sandra said...

I have not turned on the heat yet, either. I'm in my winter wear also, Boud.

Sandra said...

I have used the oil filed radiator once, Cheerful.

Sandra said...

You just need an account, Lori, which I've had for a long time but never have used.

Sandra said...

Cats are genius at finding comfort, Miss Merry.

Sandra said...

I brought some chicken stock up from the freezer yesterday, Lori. I have the same thing on my mind.

Sandra said...

I'm having a repair person out today to hopefully fix my wood pellet stove. It puts out a lot of heat, Gill.

nick said...

We've only had the heating on a couple of times so far. It's not too cold as yet. But the price of heating oil has rocketed to at least twice the usual price.

Granny Sue said...

Had a fire lit here too this weekend. My dogs were happy. So was i.

Granny Sue said...

Hmmm, comment disappeared! Gotta love blogger.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful photos of these cats 🐈 😻 🐈‍⬛️
Here in Montreal, thankfully the temperature is cooler and comfortable.
Suchva relief after a very hot and humid summer and wildfires.

DeniseinVA said...

Adorable Sandra and they must have loved the cosy fire. I know I would have.

Sandra said...

It is expensive, nick. I haven't turned the furnace on, either.

Sandra said...

I miss a happy dog, Sue.

Sandra said...

It did make an appearance, Sue.

Sandra said...

It sure is a relief, Linda. I was a horrible summer.

Sandra said...

I think they did, Denise.

Pixie said...

That fire sounds lovely. I found this about cats and paper.
Cats like to lay on paper because it provides warmth, a distinct boundary, and an interesting texture to explore. I do know it's like catnip for our cat:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We could have used a fireplace here as the wind and rain came down on Sunday with a nor'easter blowing outside.

Sandra said...

That is interesting, Pixie. Gatto particularly likes paper.

Sandra said...

We've had a lot of rain, Beatrice and we sure need it.