Good Wednesday morning. Things have been quiet on the homestead. I have two appointments this month for epidural steroid injections. I will be relieved to have all of this behind me for awhile. It's been a long haul. It would have been nice to have arrived at this place sooner, but I didn't. The upper forward slump bothers my ego but at this age seems less important than the pain. I've had my grumble over the lack of interest from the medical professionals so it's time to let it go.
I made eggplant parmesan yesterday. I have always roasted the eggplant slices but this time I fried them and I have to say I like it better. Getting the slices crisp means after cooking in the sauce they are a perfect texture. Roasting is faster and less messy, but the result from frying makes it worth the extra effort.
That's about it. Medical issues and food with a dash of cat thrown in for good measure.
23 comments:
Fingers crossed for some pain relief. How long does it need to take effect?
Hopefully it takes effect right away and also lasts quite a while.
Love the copy cats! LOL!
Oh the food, looks nothing like my grilled cheese. ;-)
That looks like two dashes of cat. Just saying:)
I hope the injections help.
Hi Sandra, I really hope you get some relief from pain, dear friend. Your food looks great and the cats are beautiful!
I hope the injections help you. My fingers are crossed! I know what you mean by the 'forward slump'. My husband complains that I look like an old lady...well?! The eggplant looks scrumptious. May I come to dinner to try it?!
I hope these shots are the answer and can alleviate your pain!!!! The eggplant looks delicious. And the cat looks adorable.
Your dinner looks really delicious!! It took TBG over 3 years to get a true diagnosis of what is going on, and I know how frustrating it can be. It was hard watching him go through so much. I hope they finally do have things figured out for you and you start to feel a bit better.
Let’s hope that relief is around the corner.
I didn’t ask, Boud. I’ll ask when I go in. I was told it can last up to a year.
There is nothing wrong with grilled cheese, Val!
It does, Pixie!
Me, too, Linda. Gatto is fascinated by Tabby.
I tell Mark I look like an old crone, Dreaming. I have some leftover...
So do I, Miss Merry. My two plants are producing well this year. I should plant just one as eggplant is difficult to preserve. I guess we eat a lot of eggplant!
It’s frustrating, to say the least, Lori. I’m glad TBG got figured out. Constant pain sucks the like out of a person.
Fingers crossed, AC.
I hope the injections are effective in reducing (or even wiping out) the pain. So what is that huge structure behind the bench? Have I missed something?
The part with the steel roof was the milk parlor where the bulk tank was, nick This was a dairy farm. The part of the building behind it is the barn. It is a large barn built during the depression.
Nothing wrong with quietness
I hope that will kick in real soon so that you can have the relieve finally. Your cats are precious and thanks for the tip on the eggplant frying. I'll remember that. It looks delcious! Wishing you a very happy and pain-free September.
I am anxiously waiting for the injections, Denise. I think frying was an improvement.
Nope, their sure isn’t, Dora
I hope that the injections work for you. This week I have an appointment to discuss the only option for me right now and that is a implant device.
Post a Comment