If there has been any illusion of normalcy, even under the wide spectrum of "normal" regarding a cat, let me remove that thought. I, gasp, removed his donation box bed, you know, the one with the toaster and replaced it with a nice, soft kitty bed. It got a sniff and then a cold shoulder. For days he wanted nothing to do with it. One day I found him lying on some packing paper that was on the floor. I later moved that paper to the bed.
The result.
Last week we went from a miserably hot summer to autumn quite literally overnight. From 90s F to 60s F, just like that. This had once been typical Minnesota weather. I'm doing my old lady version of the happy dance. Which you would not want to see. We've even had the long absent rain.
I checked this morning and see that my doom and gloom ponderings about blogger were, for the time being, wrong. I enjoy that I was wrong. We are a go for the unforeseeable future.
Last evening we had pasta with a lemon and white wine sauce and leftover ahi tuna. It was really good. I marinated chicken in a balsamic/olive oil marinade for tonight.
I'm still watching hoarders.
21 comments:
Cats are such strange creatures. Our old cat now definitely prefers softness over anything else, and softness with sunlight is highly sought after.
Your food always looks wonderful and I'm glad it has cooled off.
ROFL!! This kind of thing makes perfect sense to a cat--yes! They get so frustrated with us not being able to read their minds. but they are so very happy when we are able to. Congrats, cat-mom. ;)
We really got instant fall weather. And a little rain up here, too. Feels like normalcy might be back for a little while, at least. One can hope. :)
Oh! And my reader came back last night, too!
Must be Gotto. And as always, the food photograph makes me hungry.
Your meals sound delicious. My husband spent $50 on a soft, cozy cat bed for Binx and 4 years later he will still not touch it.
Please give Gatto a hug 🫂 🤗 for me.
You are here today! Yay!
Gatto knows what he likes and there is that. Packing paper over a cushy bed. Why not? In this mad world, it makes perfect sense to me.
That picture of Gato finally settling in once you added the packing paper made me laugh. Cats always decide the bed needs their own “improvement” before they’ll use it.
My blog list is back with some blogs updated, but not all. I do have hope, though!
I just love the kitty preferring the paper. A man with his own mind.
That cat of yours is really special... you know, when I got my pug Ula, I slept on the floor from the start, and I put her little bed next to me... and where did yours go to sleep... with me under the blanket :)))
Well, then I went back to bed, and since then she sleeps with me overnight... even though she has her 3 beds... pug life, I guess ;)))
Oh, yes. Sunlight! Give hime a sunbeam and a paper bag and he’s in kitty nirvana, Pixie.
I left the bed there for a week, Rita. I’d set him in it, he’d walk away. Put the packing paper in and he spends half of day there. Go figure.
Gatto is a strange fellow, Tommy. Thank you for the compliment.
They do what they want don’t they, Lori.
I’ll give him a belly scratch, Linda. It’s his favorite.
I’m back, Lori 😉
It surly is a mad, mad world, Val.
It clearly told me what he wanted, Jane!
Several blogs aren’t showing up on the reader for me, Miss Merry. Something is better than nothing.
Ula found the best place to sleep. With you, Andreja.
Post a Comment