How it does change
I was sitting in my office, doing nothing, so I turned on the tv and started scrolling channels. I came across the old series, Hoarders. Probably a decade ago I stumbled upon it and became pulled in. Not for the obvious reasons, which I may post about another time. Not at all about hoarding.
Anyway. Seeing this show again has motivated me to break this acquired habit.
Could I open a drawer and put this away?
Or…..how about putting these things away?
I finished the kitchen floor in March, so?
This has nothing to do with the above mess but yesterday I went through drawers, shelves and closets for items that are definitely not used anymore or are duplicates. I have a lot of these insulated bags, something else I have kept, from Butcher Box deliveries. They have found a use for holding thrift shop donations.
This is to say I will be erratic on here for a while. To break habits, I need to focus. I know pain and, therefore, lack of mobility have something to do with this, but if I can pull it out I can put it away. Slow but steady.
14 comments:
Sandra, just take it slow, I was always told to the point of pain :)) Wishing you a lovely evening and thanks for every visit of yours, Andreja!
Easy going, no point in hurting. Thanks for visiting.
Good luck! Even baby steps can be powerful.
Sandra, downsizing is an ongoing project. My recent post is all about my downsizing efforts for holiday "stuff" and is very good to see donation things ready to go and even better when they are gone. I too am moving slow but some progress is always welcome.
Decluttering is very positive.
The things I have moved and moved and moved. Then I ask myself ... when was the last time I used that messed up fishing rod, when was the last time I wore those old pants?
The clothes that are in good shape do go to a shop that has decent resale clothing. I just donate.
Sometimes that shop has free will shopping which really is needed around here.
Slow but sure, a bit at a time.
Progress is sometime slow, you can do it!
I have a mantra, just do one thing, when I don't know where to start. I also don't take clean laundry out of the basket until I have time to put it away, or have to put it away because I need the basket, otherwise we'd be overrun by laundry:)
We have a utility room which is full of all sorts of odd things we might or might not need at some future date. I'm sure a lot of them could be disposed of without us ever missing them.
Slow but steady is good.
Yes, slow and steady. Pain certainly interferes!
Wishing you luck with your tidying up, and less pain. No pain would be even better.
Take one step at a time, one day at a time...go at your own pace and rest in between!
Slow and steady wins the race.
Thank you all for the encouragement. I have actually kept myself moving along.
This made me smile. We are in the same boat it seems. Right now trying to clean the garage out, husband just came in and said he's moving things around not throwing out. I might have given him a quizzical look, not sure but he responded, "It's hard throwing things out!
Post a Comment