Still trying to get used to it.
I have another little something I should have posted Saturday regarding my sometimes loquacious child. When he was in second grade he came home from school beaming with pride. His teacher had asked them to write a poem about their mothers. My outside-the-box boy wrote "My mother is so very thin, that's cuz she drinks a lot of gin." Yep. I told him that it was very good, then went to stand in a corner for a while. That same year he decided to discuss the concept of infinity with me. Where he got that, I have no idea. What I did know is that I was in trouble. How he ended up in a professional kitchen is, well, got me.
Now the normal mundanity of life. Monday = laundry, so as I sit in my office typing I have the whirring of laundry equipment providing background sound. It does drown out the morning news Mark listens to in the kitchen. That's fine by me.
I made a pizza on Saturday. It's been some time since I had and the stuff was on hand so why not? Prosciutto, fennel, garlic (of course), spinach and mozzarella.
My pizza doesn't photograph well but fortunately it tastes quite good. So thinks us.
Since little is happening around here I guess I'll post another food. I am not very good with casseroles. I do just fine with a lasagna, but otherwise, no. They taste good, usually, but they always look like someone flung stuff on a plate. I had a package of very thin asparagus. When you do a pick-up order the shopper isn't going to skip the asparagus because it's skinny. It became a casserole with salmon. It was good, so that is the important part.
22 comments:
Your food looks so good, as usual. I think your pizza sounds divine. And what a great way to use the skinny asparagus. I love salmon!
Your son was a riot. I had one of those too. His name is Adam.
I like your ramblings, your posts, and your opinions. Your blog is one of my everyday reads when you post. As always, the meals look so yummy.
Your pizza and the casserole look delicious!! That is funny about your son. It's still pretty warm here but I'm hoping it will cool off soon.
That pizza looks very good.
Jack talks about infinity too. He's fascinated by numbers. Enjoy the cool weather.
Every time I think I have gotten used to it, it changes. LOL!
I think your casserole/hot dish looked delicious. I grew up on hot dishes and do like them a lot. :)
Second grade open house. My son Jeremie had to write something about his mom. On his desk for ALL to see was
"My mom is a cook, she can make hotdogs."
Your food is amazing. If gas weren't so pricey, I'd drive over for supper.
LOL.
Oh heck, I'd even pay that price!
My kids wrote some interesting things when they were little, isn't it awesome?
Both boys are grown ups now and such directly opposite adults.
I love it.
Love this post! Your son sounds like quite the guy! He had the pleasure of being exposed to all of your great cooking.... no wonder he became a chef! Mark must love having these great meals!!!
I love the cartoon. Your food looks delicious 😋
"My mother is so very thin, that's cuz she drinks a lot of gin." How embarrassing!
I never get tired of pizza. There's something about it that's always appealing.
Your pizza looks good. Your casserole too. Your food always looks good.
How lucky you are to have Adam, Miss Merry! The asparagus was quite skinny, super model skinny.
Oh, Tommy, do I have opinions!! Thank you.
Thank you, Lori. It has been a miserable summer.
You may have a future scientist on your hands, Pixie.
My mother rarely made a casserole, Rita. I didn't know the term 'hot dish' until I was a young adult and met people from outside of the metro area. I'm sure there were people who used it but not in my sphere while a kid.
At least that didn't leave the impression of a drunken sot, Val! Simply an excellent cook.😀 Matthew is now a serious, intense person. I'm glad you had the experience outside-the-box kids.
Lori, several years ago he did blame me for it! He's out of that environment now and is happy about it.
The cartoon does speak truth, Linda.
I did like gin but not the way he expressed it, nick! The mind of a 7 yr old. I also love pizza.
That's a wonderful compliment, AC. Thank you.
Rhyming is very important in second grade! Your food always looks good...but way too many ingredients for me. I know I am strange.
The gin comment is like little girl who reported her dad was drinking while driving her. Turns out it was a Coke!
Post a Comment