Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, September 4, 2026

It’s Humid



We seem to have moved to the tropics. Our temperature currently is 72 F/22 C. The dew point is the same. Autumn, where are you?

We had a very good dinner last evening of steel head trout and fennel from my garden water troughs. Steel head is one of my favorite fish.


The day before I made a lemon ricotta cake. I don’t often bake but sometimes I just want something. I love a ricotta cake. I could sit down with a fork and just eat. This used the last of the three containers I made with a gallon of milk, each about 2 cups.

I’ve had a few days of more energy and therefore activity. No matter how long it’s been a reality, I am still surprised at how long it takes me to accomplish a single task. I have accepted this reality and feel good that at least I am doing something. Let go of who I was and accept and appreciate who I am now. I sound like a self-help guru.
 

29 comments:

e said...

This is my third attempt tp comment. I agree about Steinem and I think accepting your situation as it is is the path to peace of mind.

Val Ewing said...

Yippee, I can comment again!

When the dew point and the temp are the same, you may as well go nekked and pant a lot.
Hopefully, it will cool down after the weekend.

Next weekend I am seeking out the UP of Michigan to explore the great shores of Superior.

Modrina Neba said...

Sandra, excellent dinner and dessert...yummy :))
Wishing you a nice Saturday!

Sandra said...

Blogger is having glitches, e. I can't comment on Safari but I can on Chrome and Duck. If something cannot be changed acceptance is the only option, other than being miserable.

Sandra said...

I glad of that, Val You are taking the trip! This is fantastic. You will have so much fun. We want to hear all about it.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Andreja.

nick said...

"Let go of who I was and appreciate who I am now". I'll second that. Dwelling on the past, given it's unchangeable, is not helpful.
I've never tried ricotta cake. I must remedy that oversight!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Finally, blogger is allowing comments and like yourself, I also use Safari and could not comment but figured the problem would eventually resolve or not. No need to stress over it. The foods made me realize that no dinner menu has yet been planned, drat.

Miss Merry said...

Once I figured out the problem was blogger and not something I did , I was a little less frustrated.
Meanwhile - your plated food always rivals a top food magazine photo. The trout and rice, wow! The lemon cake!
I am not used to how quickly I run out of energy. My two spare bedrooms are both a mess, filled with half done sorting projects. Now I am overwhelmed looking at them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It takes me forever to finish small projects that used to take me an hour or less.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi Sandra, your food always looks so delicious! It is great that Google fixed the issues with the comments!

Mary Kirkland said...

Lemon ricotta cake? Oh that looks good.

Lori Skoog said...

OK....you've got me drooling over that ricotta cake....never tasted one. If you can get work done when it's that humid, you are super woman!

Dreaming said...

Oh my, your "let go" statement sure hit home. I think I know what you mean....but I'm struggling with looking that reality in the eye!

Sandra said...

It's soft and the middle is slightly custardy, nick. I like.

Sandra said...

At least you were reminded early in the day, Dorothy.

Sandra said...

Oh, Miss Merry, I have become an expert on shifting the mess from one room to another. I'm a point and shoot photo taker.

Sandra said...

It's sort of depressing Far Side.

Sandra said...

Thank you , Linda. Cooking and baking are the one thing I can still do.

Sandra said...

It is delicious, Mary.

Sandra said...

Very simple to make, Lori. You need a couple of cups of ricotta, Lori. I don't get all that much done but I have allowed myself to be satisfied with the idea that something is better than nothing.

Sandra said...

To be honest, Dreaming, so am I. But I think about it and I'm getting closer.

"Tommy" said...

As always, the cake is the best

Barwitzki said...

Your lemon ricotta cake looks absolutely wonderful... I’ve never baked one before. But I’m going to. Thanks for the idea.
And I like *Fabelhaftes Dinner*, too.
Warm regards and best wishes, Viola

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray for self help! I hope your weather improves soon. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Both main course and dessert look incredible :)

DeniseinVA said...

And I saw I commented before, oh well, I thought I had but then wasn't sure with all this no commenting non-publishing thing going on :) This is my last comment for today :) Have a great rest of the Sunday Sandra. Great to be able to comment again..

Sandra said...

Well, this is twice as nice, Denise!

Granny Sue said...

Lovely photo, and i bet it tasted as good as it looks.