Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, September 19, 2026

My Unusual Child


My son, the budding writer.

Matthew wrote this when he was about ten. Tillie was our Bulldog and Delicate Lady Tillie was her registered name. Matthew was around four when I bought her. A year or so later I bought Fallon, a four month old Afghan Hound. Do not buy a four month old Afghan Hound. Don't. He wrote one about Fallon, too, but I seem to have lost it. I found this as I was rummaging through papers. I think he probably took after his mother.
 








28 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Tillie was his heart dog as a kid! Wonderful! I love coming across things our kids wrote when they were little.

"Tommy" said...

Its good to see warm moments as this, does all good to share, Thank You.

Dreaming said...

How sweet! There is nothing better than the bond between a child and a dog. As far as the Afghan goes, what a study in opposites!

nick said...

Tillie was clearly a very sweet and devoted dog. Lovely that she and Matthew were such close buddies.

Anvilcloud said...

I think he liked his Lady Tillie

Granny Sue said...

Awww, that's just touching. A boy and his dog. Tillie must have been the sweetest girl.

Boud said...

Sounds like a future public speaker -- I hope I've made myself clear! He certainly was devoted to his dog.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Awwww.....lovely post and sweet photos.

DeniseinVA said...

What a sweet, sweet letter! Lovely photos too.

Rita said...

That was such a heartfelt letter of love from your little boy!! Priceless!
Great to see the photos with it, too. :)

Sandra said...

We used to call Fallon his sister, Val. He was always tattling on her!

Sandra said...

He was an interesting child, Tommy. He was my constant companion.

Sandra said...

I seemed to like opposites, Dreaming. I also had Greyhounds with Basset Hounds!

Sandra said...

She was a wonderfully joyful dog, nick.

Sandra said...

Maybe just a little, eh AC.

Sandra said...

She was, Sue.

Sandra said...

He can pontificate, Boud!

Sandra said...

A boy and his dog, Linda.

Sandra said...

I wish I had the one he wrote about the naughty girl, Fallon, Denise!

Sandra said...

The one photo does say it all, Rita.

Miss Merry said...

Special little guy! He was so in love with the beautiful Tilly.

CheerfulMonk said...

That is so touching! What a remarkable boy.

Lori Skoog said...

I LOVE this!!!!

e said...

A lovely tribute and photos. He really loved her.

Sandra said...

He was a special little guy, so full of life, Miss Merry.

Sandra said...

He was amusing, Cheerful!

Sandra said...

Quite the character, Lori.

Sandra said...

Yes he did, e.