Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, April 24, 2009

Am I in OZ Yet?

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
Dorothy

The wind howled and pounded the house relentlessly into the early morning hours. I was sure we would go sailing off to OZ, never to be seen again. Banging, screeching, thumping and bumping, it kept me awake much of the night. I know my feet would never fit into the ruby slippers, so a return to home would have been impossible.

A brief look about shows no damage. Roofs are intact, trees are still standing and the three mares who live in open housing are still there. So it seems all that was lost was my rest.

It looks like a nice day, I think I will go out and enjoy it.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Gosh, I know what that feels like. Living in "Tornado Alley" this is common for us. Glad to hear no harm done.

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

We tried sitting on the deck last night after dinner time, that did not work.

I woke up several times due to the wind last night too. Took me forever to fall asleep.

No damage done here either. But get ready, you KNOW May will have some good storms for us...

Sandra said...

Everything appears OK, but that was a powerful blow! I'm hoping for a nice, gentle, storm-free rain this weekend. I hope we get it.