Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, September 5, 2011

Morning Light

It is 45 degrees F this morning. The sun is bright and there is fog in the air. How swiftly our fortunes change. This change is most welcome, at least in my opinion.







This is the project of the moment. I started in the spring of '10, but after a good start, the weather turned wet, hot and humid. The fall brought nice weather, but it also brought my flea infestation, followed by illness (which I attribute to the chemicals used to kill the fleas).

We had a terrible spring and summer this year, so nothing has been accomplished this season, until now. You can see how wet and humid it has been by the weeds that have overtaken the gravel and the cement apron. What a mess.

If the weather we experienced this past year is a preview of the things to come due to climate change, I do not know how I will handle it. I am unable to adapt to tropical humidity, I really am. As much as I tire of winter and as expensive heating the house is during that season, I know how to handle that type of weather and can function, even in the -30 F temperatures. I don't like it, but I can deal with it. I cannot deal with 100+ and dew points in the 80's. I wilt.

I know I am MIA these days. I have spent more time and effort in my flesh & blood life lately, finding it leaves me without much time for anything else. I also do not have much to say. I guess I have said all there is in my head and now I am empty. I feel the same way when I visit you all. I am without words. Perhaps it will change, but I don't know.

Work is calling my name and I must answer. Be well, enjoy the Labor Day and perhaps give a thought as to why it exists.

3 comments:

julochka said...

glorious, glorious light! i would have gone out to take pictures as well.

i'll bet your words will return as the campaign season heats up...and i'm looking forward to reading them!

Elizabeth said...

always good to hear your voice -- and I'm hoping you don't have to endure any more humidity. You know you can always move here to avoid it completely --

Just Jules said...

wow- such beauty