Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, September 20, 2024

Eggplant and Other Important Issues

My flying monkey, Frieda. The little kitten who knocked on the kitchen door autumn 2019. The kitten who strolled in without a second thought and made herself a home. She looks chubby but in actuality that is a large skin flap. The girl is made for leaping, which she did plenty of until she decided she was a grown cat. Now the only purpose it serves is to sway side-to-side when she trots. It does that purpose well. Let's say Frieda and I have some commonalities. She is no nonsense, determined and can give the "look" perhaps even better than I can. Yes, I have learned torties are unusual.


It is a cooler, less humid morning. Tomorrow is, hopefully, the beginning of a Minnesota autumn. The best time to get outside projects done and to enjoy the out of doors. I look forward to getting a handle on some of the four years worth of my neglect. I'll need to join Lori's husband, Gary, in some porch painting. It's badly needed on the ceiling and floor. If I get a quarter of the projects needing doing it will be a job well done.


There was just now a small cat disagreement directed at Gatto by Jiggs with Frieda looking on. Gatto is a trouble maker. I did follow through with my plan to make sauce for eggplant parmesan. There is enough for another dinner. Tomatoes from my garden! I am now getting some ripe tomatoes. I planted really late. I will be having a lot of green tomatoes on the counters this year. That's ok.

Today is Philly Friday at the deli. We always buy one to split. Mark gets the chips and I have a salad. The sandwich is large and always good. There is the cat and food report for the day.


5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You have reminded me that astronomical autumn is almost upon us. In my head it has been autumn (metrological autumn) since September, even though it has been too darn hot.

Sandra said...

The maples have a bit of yellow but otherwise not much color. It's usually October. I think Sunday is the official day.

"Tommy" said...

well that reminds me of Phillys, which is just around the corner on Bolton Ave. it does fried fish and philly steaks sandwiches

Sandra said...

A very good place to have just around the corner.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Salad does look yummy.