Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Good Afternoon

A rare afternoon post from me.


Today's lunch was clearing the refrigerator of leftovers. All have now been used.

Mark's Lunch


My Lunch


A small dish of vanilla ice cream followed. Tomorrow is supposedly our last day of high heat and humidity. It cannot come soon enough. On the isolation topic from yesterday.....I looked for senior (I can't believe I am writing this word) activities in my area. There is a senior center in a town 10-12 miles away that has lots of things going on. People from other towns are welcome. Now, I need to do what Val mentioned. Make the effort. There is the problem. I need to go over what is scheduled more closely, then determine if I can motivate myself to make the effort. I am my biggest problem, I've become too comfortable in my isolation. But still wanting interaction. Kind of a mess, yes?

I'm about to make a tomato sauce to be used for eggplant parmesan. I have two large eggplants so I will make enough sauce for a later eggplant involtini. It is always feast or famine with eggplant. It's a good thing we both like it.

Now you know the story of my day. woo-hoo!!

7 comments:

Pixie said...

I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I need to do that as well. It's only been a few months but I miss people.

Boud said...

I keep going to my two knitting groups, where quite a few crafts happen, and a lot of good chat. I hope you find good chat.

Rita said...

I know you will let us know if you make it out on an adventure to the senior activities place. Be waiting to hear. Might be fun. But if you don't like it you don't have to go back and you'll know. Win-win. :)

Sandra said...

I will work on getting myself to do it. The rest of this month and whatever good weather we have next month will b spent getting work done outside.

Sandra said...

You are good at keeping yourself busy. You have quite a lot of social interaction.

Sandra said...

So right, Rita. I’ll n ed to get my outside tasks completed first.

Ami said...

So my mom goes to the Senior Center for lunch almost every day.During the last three years of Dad's life, her circle was very small. She wasn't able to go anywhere because she was taking care of an ungrateful and mean asshole oh my god did I just say that? Now she's getting out daily. While I think she needs assisted living, as long as she's resistant to that idea, at least she's not isolated anymore.

I say to go anyway. Your outside work will get done, or it won't get done and no one will care. Go meet some people. Really.
I had an actual lunch today. Bought some fish over the weekend and had about given up on the idea of eating it, just felt too crappy. But! I had it for lunch!

And... I am going *back to work* tomorrow!!!