Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Souper Douper

The weather has been mild, I made chicken stock yesterday, resulting in.....you guessed it. Soup!






Soup is going to be on the lunch menu often for awhile. I have so much stock in the freezer I'm running out of room. This is not the worst problem one could have, I know. But I need to get a handle on the madness. Bill brought a couple of large zucchini a couple of days ago. I'm going to make stuffed zucchini for dinner, I said I will and someone in this house is holding me to it. A two-legger. Said two-legger has found Wimbledon on ABC, so I left the kitchen. I used to like watching tennis, but I seem to have lost the interest. Mark is a tennis player. I am not. Instead I post photos of soup and ramble on about zucchini. I read an article about procrastination written by a psychologist. There are supposedly several different types of procrastination, I don't fit into any of them. So maybe there's one they haven't thought of. I could be a lab test. Probably not, I'm not sure I don't wanna is a psychological reason. Anyway.....

I have a feeling I'll be stuck with Wimbledon while I prep this evenings dinner. Unless I can get him to move to the snug. Which he won't do because then he would feel like a slacker, sitting in a nice chair when he could be standing and pacing the kitchen. 


8 comments:

Boud said...

I exhausted my interest in tennis a while back. Used to watch all the masters tournaments as well as the slams. I played as a kid. But then I started watching women's golf. Then eventually I lost interest in just watching rule based games. I still like to know who won the slams though I'm less and less familiar with the names.

Maybe Mark could be presented with earbuds..

Sandra said...

I lost interest when most of it went to ESPN. We don't have cable and when we did we didn't subscribe to that. Golf puts me in a coma.

Mark and earbuds. HAAAAAA!!! This man doesn't adapt well. I mentioned your suggestion to him. His words. Not a chance. Which I knew. He went back to work, so I had peace in the kitchen. Got the ground meat and peppers cooked, gave my basil a haircut and made pesto. With no tennis blathering in the background!

Anonymous said...

Fun post! You always make me smile.

I love watching the Tour DE' France. I keep a notebook on each Tour that I watch. The stages where they take place, how many KM, weather and the riders, stage winners, and the jersey winners. Also, little tid bits..of info. I use colored pencils for various things to make it look pretty. Each year I say I am going to stop the Tour madness..but I am at it again this year. Maybe, next year I will stop.
Take Care,
Kaye

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tennis and Golf I would rather watch paint dry:) You are lucky you husband likes soup...mine will eat soup maybe twice a year:(

Sandra said...

Kaye, I hope you don't stop! Don't stop something you enjoy.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I had to stop watching tennis when it became the thing to make loud grunts and squeals when they served. Drove me nuts. Mark is lucky he likes soup!n Actually he wasn't a fan but it grew on him. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There's no sports watching of any sort in this household. Looks like soup will be on the menu for many more meals and there's nothing wrong with that especially if some homemade bread is an accompaniment. The plans for stuffed zucchini sound delicious.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, since most professional sports went the ESPN Mark doesn't watch anymore. He does watch college games. He is a baseball fan. He has other places to watch but always ends up in my kitchen! Stuffed zucchini is delicious.