Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Plans


Bounty


 I have a plan.

I have been spending the past few days executing said plan. I have barely been able to keep our house livable. I've never wanted to admit this, but there it is. Pain is one thing, but the worst is the debilitating exhaustion and profuse sweating. Slight effort is all it takes. My brilliant plan? Concentrate on one area, do as much as possible before the extreme exhaustion sets in, rest as long as it takes and repeat until I can't anymore. I am working east to west. The sunroom was first, it took me three days to do but it is deep cleaned. Yesterday was the living room. I got about a third of the room done and should be able to do the same amount today. As long as I have the energy and no spasms I will continue until I am done with the last room, Mark's office.

I'm sure I have mentioned this before. I am anal. I like order. Symmetry. I was the stoner with the pressed patched jeans. No joke. I've learned the need for order is about control, which makes sense. My need for a full larder, freezer and refrigerator has also been explained as a need for control. So....what does this have to do with anything? Since I completed one room I have been happy! Happy is not someplace I have been spending time in. Each polished surface makes my heart a little lighter. I know, my life is narrow! It's the life I have, so I'm going to be happy with it.

Bounty. The plants are in overdrive at the moment. There are lots of tomatoes on my two plants waiting to ripen. It won't be long until the preservation process starts. That's a satisfying bit of useful work. 

I've put my plan in print. That, and the pleasure it's given me, should be enough for me to see it through. I miss our dog, but it must be said. She was a shedding machine I could not keep up with. Not in my condition. Or lack thereof. 

19 comments:

Boud said...

Good for you. Clearly it's working, because you're sounding better. I love the image of you with pressed jeans! Nice knife crease? Not surprising that a difficult early life should create a need for control, since kids are really at the mercy of their homes and families.

Sandra said...

Boud, yes. Always creased! So many damaged people from childhood trauma, so often the cycle continues on and on. I am feeling better, not so much physically but mentally.

Lori Skoog said...

I'm all for order too. You are making great progress and it has to feel great.

Sandra said...

Lori, your house is, well, fabulous! All of your artwork, it's amazing. Gary's gardens, beautiful. Just beautiful.
I am making progress. It's slower than it has been, which is slow. My back is hurting more after several days of mopping, vacuuming and polishing. I won't finish today, but I will be close.

e said...

Thank you for your concern and recent email. It sounds as though your plan is working out well so far. and I understand that need for control too.

Anonymous said...

I like your plan. I am going to adopt it. I have already decided that mid-Aug. is when I am going to load up the Subaru with stuff and take it to Goodwill in Salt Lake City. It is too hot to drive down the canyon now.
You made me laugh out loud "a stoner with pressed patched jeans." You, Sandra are a great story teller/writer.
Taker Care,
Kaye

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think you lead an interesting life.
Kaye

Val Ewing said...

I like order sometimes and chaos others. I guess I've never settled on where or how I like things.
I let things get messy and then clean and clear like crazy. Then let it get messy again.

At least I can be predictable that way.

However! Good job on your system of work. That sounds like a lot of work to do!

Sandra said...

e, I am so glad to hear from you! I haven't wanted to bother you so this is good. Order makes everything easier to manage.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I was that well-groomed 60s hippie! I need to go through my way too much stuff again for give-away. It's hot out west, I wouldn't want to drive if I didn't need to. I'm a big picture person now realizing I need a smaller screen, one little thing at a time!

My life was, to me anyway, interesting. Now it's just one day after another that I wake up alive and come up with plans. :)

Sandra said...

Val, I think that way is a reflection of your adventurous spirit.

Pixie said...

I love order as well and it allows me to relax, no surprises:) You're not alone.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is good to have a plan. I clean pretty much the same way...a little at a time that way I cannot get too far behind...although I may hire someone to help me with the upstairs...we shall see. I like order and clean stuff so I am a bit compulsive with cleaning:)

Sandra said...

That's exactly it, Pixie. No surprises.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I know, you get on the floor and scrub! I got through the living room except for the interior of a curio cabinet. That can wait. I would have to clean for the cleaner.

Anonymous said...

I'm a control freak too and order makes me feel more at ease since chaos is not something I can do well around. I get the exhausted feeling too soon also and it makes me feel frustrated and takes a long time to get things done...Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

I hear that, Dawn. The spirit is willing and all that!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can't recall wearing jeans in my much younger days, odd I know. Since I dislike ironing after having done so much for my mother growing up. Now that I am a jeans-wearer, I'm not a jeans ironer.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I don't iron them, either. Thankfully!