Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Winter Wonderland

It snowed yesterday afternoon into evening.



 First snow of 2024.

The tree is still lying there. This time it isn't Mark putting it off. Bill hasn't been feeling well, therefore he hasn't fixed Mark's chainsaw.  It will likely rot before it's cut up. I've become used to it as part of the landscape.

I had a dream last night with my last trainer in it. That's really all I remember, she and I doing something with my long dead Shaka. She never worked Shaka, so that is odd. This morning I thought about when Kristina started working with Zing, 2007. She was 25 years old. I really enjoyed her company. She spent six years here, then her schedule became too complicated to fit in the hour drive out here. I felt old when I realized it was seventeen years ago when I first met her. I need to text her, it's been awhile. We do lose track of time and people, especially, I think, when we become wrapped up in our own issues which consume our being. I'm not the strong, vibrant person she knew. She's in her forties. How did this happen? You know you are a bespectacled grey-hair when the morning is spent pondering where time went.


16 comments:

Boud said...

And before you get busy pondering, the morning's gone, too..

Anonymous said...

My perception of you is that you are a strong, vibrant woman. You are a "strong" writer and you stand up for yourself.
Lots of snow today where I live...ick!

Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Boud, isn't that the truth.

Sandra said...

Thank you for that, Kaye. I don't feel strong and vibrant, so it makes me happy to think I still may present that way.

Val Ewing said...

We have snow and ice on our trees.

I do have to call a guy in our area who advertises doing things like cutting trees, brush hogging pastures, and clean up. I am going to bit the bullet and see what kind of estimate I can get for clean up around our sheds that are in disarray.

I still keep in touch with 2 of my 4H horse students. It feels odd to see them in their 40's now with children that are teens!

I'd like to think that we are staying static while others grow old.

:)

Anvilcloud said...

The fallen tree looks good just lying there, coated with freshly fallen snow. (I am glad that I proofread that bc I typed snot instead of snow.)

We are about to get our first significant snowfall since early January. Or at least that it what we are told. I don't think it will be that significant, however.

Lori Skoog said...

Join the club. I agree with Kaye's comment....and I always love your writing. You sent us some snow and it's much colder now. I hope you get in touch with your trainer!!!

e said...

I agree you come across as strong. That snow is beautiful. Stay warm.

Sandra said...

Val, I like your thinking!!

I hope you find someone to do that work for you, you cannot do it all.

Sandra said...

AC, funny!

I did find the tree more acceptable coated in snow. Our only significant snowfall came in October, then melted.

Sandra said...

Lori, I think it was last year we consistently sent you our weather. You were quite cold there if I remember right. I plan to send Kristina a text today. It's been a couple of years.

Sandra said...

e, I guess I am still bossy! It's good to have some snow.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That is a significant snowfall, Sandra, and even with the fallen tree it looked lovely, most likely nicer if the tree was already gone, but still...

Sandra said...

Dorothy, we had about 6", not enough to plow, but enough to make it look nice. The snow does improve the felled tree!!

Pixie said...

It is very strange getting older. I don't think of myself as a senior and yet I am. The upside is that I know shit that I didn't know or understand when I was young:)

I had a patient the other day and she looked like a woman who got shit done. I told her that and she said that yes, she got shit done, and then she smiled.

Sandra said...

Pixie, I love it!! Lately I am showing my age. I got away with not showing it for a long time, but it caught up to me. I think it's a good thing you don't think of yourself as a senior, thoughts often become our reality.