Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Soup and Cats and Vacuums


I found out it's Pi Day when the nerd I married starts rattling off the numbers. I asked him what in this world he was doing and he said, like I should care, it's Pi day and I'm remembering the numbers. As I often say, I married him voluntarily. 



 
Math Guy also thought it might mean I would make a pie. Fat chance, buddy. All I had in me for today was soup. I have obviously been off my game when it's mentioned to me that we haven't had soup in a long time. I made enough for a week of lunches. So there, put that in the ol Pi hole!

I think I may be feeling a little feisty today. The pain med may be working. Which is good, as I am having company on Saturday and I haven't so much as looked at a vacuum nor a broom. As it's six years since DIL has been here, I think I should maybe fluff the homestead up a bit. We are very close.

Mark has headed to Fleet Farm to buy the grain for the equines and chow for the cats. I'm not only feeding our six kitties, but two strays that have been giving me sad, hungry eyes.There's food and water on the back deck and on the front porch, as well as Howard's old doggo bed. Mark has repeated a few times we don't need anymore cats. One of them is very friendly. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Gatto finds it all so interesting.



This fellow is an intact male. I need to decide if he will live here or if I'll take him to a shelter. If he lives here, I'll need to neuter him. The other is likely male as he is orange and I think over 50% born are male. He is not touchable. He does stare through the glass at me, though. I did have seven large dogs at one time, so what's a few cats? 

Anyway......I should probably grab a vacuum and pretend to be cleaning my cat house. 


14 comments:

Boud said...

Anyone who wants pie needs to announce pi day ahead!
I think that ginger kitty is most likely male, yes. Red females are rare. I've known only one. But red males are also usually very laid back nice guys.
If you're not careful you'll be running a kitty care home. Well, perhaps you already are, come to think of it.
Good luck with the house cleaning.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Nothing for Pie day for this gal.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A white kitty does he have pink eyes? Looks like a friendly guy. No pie here either, however I did make scalloped potatoes yesterday with a gluten free white sauce and roasted veggies and have leftover for a few lunches!

Anvilcloud said...

DO you live trap them in order to neuter them?

Val Ewing said...

Pi day!
I did mention that to the guy at the service desk when I was paying for my oil change and tire rotation. He laughed and knew what I was talking about.

No Pie here either.

Hopefully the medication helps you and you have a great visit this weekend.

Sandra said...

Boud, I think I already am! The orange boy looks like he wants to be friendly, he's just scared. Yes, pie day must be announced ahead of time.

Sandra said...

Far Side, no, green eyes. He has a black tail and a couple of black spots on his body, one on his head. I haven't made those kind of potatoes in forever. They are so good.

Sandra said...

Val, I may make him a galette. Maybe. I didn't think about Pi day until Mark told me. Then next I saw it on Boud's blog. I'm sore this morning, but I need to finish what I started yesterday. It's difficult being persnickety when I have pain!

Sandra said...

Dora, I just found you comment in spam. We are on the same track, no pie here!

Sandra said...

AC, you landed in spam. I have not done that. I live in the country so wandering cats are everywhere. I have a drive in hay loft that I had an cat sized opening cut into one of the doors. Cats can get in there for some safety and warmth. There's food in the barn. I catch the cats who want human interaction. There is a spay/neuter program for these cats at a reduced price. 4 of the cats here were born to a stray in my barn. The other 2 were kittens looking for help. These next 2 are also wanting help.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Yellow and white cat is quite pretty.

Sandra said...

Dora, that is Gatto. He was a stray who moved into the house in December 2022. He is pretty.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My husband also reminded me it was Pi day and so that's what I told him we would have pizza (pie) for dinner. So, I made the dough and he made the pizza, easy meal.

Sandra said...

Very thoughtful, Dorothy!